• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Did 308AR go down for a minute?

Frankh252

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

We did have an update. We actually skipped a few updates and went to the latest version. We are still getting the bugs out, and trimming away the rough edges. Things should smooth out this week. I already started bitching before the patch was finished.

Mac, you take care buddy! No more scares like that. If it happens again, we're splitting up your gear before you clear the hospital. 

That would be the thing to do. I been thinking about hiding GPS or puppy dog chip in both of my valuable possessions ( my 16# sledge hammer and my 80# anvil) I have wore out or torn up every thing else.

1 hour ago, sketch said:

You must have been the guine pig shepp. My iphone worked with the star uptop now i have all kinds of crap from everypost!! 

Mrmac take care brother! 

I never used the star I go thru each area reading new topics. I know I'm strange but that's how I do it lol

The only change I am noticing (probably because I haven't been on the site very long) is with the banner bonanza at the top of the Browse/Forums/Home page. All but one of the 10 banners are shifted to the left side, leaving a huge white section on the right side. When going to view a topic on any other page, the banners are equally spaced with 5 on each side but when returning to the forums home page the banners go back to the 9+1 arrangement. Not a prob for me by any means, it's just a quirk that it only does it on the home page.

Also, some of the links on the right side column need to be updated, as they link to products that are no longer available, such as

AR-10 308AR Parts

308 PMAGS

I miss being able to go to a "most recent" that includes all forums, topics, threads.  Whether or not I've read them.  I don't want unread only, as I might want to go back to refer to something I read recently, and being able to load all of the very recent stuff, then back out to somewhat older stuff works best for me.  Seemed logical as hell to me.  Usually, when it's something I think is logical, anyone who does programming thinks it's a bad idea.  So maybe the suk suk changes are my fault?  Sorry.

Hey hey hey, looks like the banner bonanza arrangement has been sorted out and they're back to being evenly spaced again. I've only got $144 spent in those links but now before I go to Brownell's I always come here first to access their site from here, hoping it leaves a trail so that Brownell's can tell the sales came from 308AR.com

emoji-1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 1:00 AM, Robocop1051 said:

Thanks Frank!

It does give us credit. Every click counts, but purchases are logged as well. Going to the "avant" link in our banner is one of the best ways of supporting this website.

Haha done that at least a hundred times looking at Aero's stuff and Brownell's AR builder

Something about the update I am noticing...it's easy to lose threads now. I used to use the My activity dropdown at the top right of the page to see comments I've made but the new Activity tab on the left bunches everyone else's comments in with mine so that mine are more difficult to find. Very time consuming to hit the Show More Activity over & over looking for something I want to add to. Lost one where I was made aware of THE RULE and I'm tired of digging through hundreds of comments trying to find it.

13 minutes ago, DNP said:

That's the way the mobile has always been. Very convenient. 

Yea I've noticed small changes, nothing huge mobile wise. I can deal with it I've never liked using the the newest post feature, I scroll the main forum page for new posts....