• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gobble Gobble Gobble ...................... BOOM!

Magwa

needed a hunting fix and nothing like early AM call out on a big boss bird My Buddy Randy (retired AF) called him off the roost at first light he came about a 1/2 mile never new this Injun was hiding out on the side of the road and he took it like the stud he was   1and 1/2 inch spurs 9 inch beard.....IMG_20160420_055049940%201280x768_zpskbc

28 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Beautiful bird Magwa!  How much meat did you get?

Idk about out there, but birds here are 20-25# (25# bird is huge). Figure 3-4 # of guts and what not. Lots of guys here just breast them, which is a waste. The legs aren't like your pen raised birds more tendons and what not, but they're good smoked or used for stock. 

thanks guys this bird is a Hybrid and he weighted right at 20 lbs probably got 8 or 9 lbs breast meat and another 4 or 5 lbs in the thighs and legs which are just for the crock pot I shot him at 30 yards I don't wait he went into full strut and I said now is right time and he never moved after I pulled the trigger 12 gauge 3 inch mag  5 and 6 shot mixed load through a super turkey choke 12 gauge browning pump.

21 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

That is absolutely the best turkey stalking I've ever seen documented!

@Magwa, great haul on your fellow. I once worked on a wild game ranch in Texas for 3 years of high school. We had turkey feeders to keep them plump and would harvest 15-20 Toms each year for our various parties.

@planeflyer21, I was thinking the guy in the video was going to take the bird barehanded at first. That would be a sight.