• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Howdy Pards. Coming to you from Michigan

EZTundra77

I've been shooting most of my life but I am new to the AR platform.  Didn't like the DI concept in general (no offense).  But I learned about piston driven AR's so I gave them a shot.  Got my PWS Mk116 Mod 1 for father's day.  Amazed at the reduced recoil.  My "go to" semi-auto rifle prior to this was a Saiga 308. Needless to say, this PWS felt like my .22LR Nylon 66 in comparison.  I liked the PWS so much, I got a PWS Mk216 as an early Christmas present.   Which brings me here.

So far, I've added a BCM vert grip, a set of offset Troy HK BUIS, and I just ordered a Nightforce 2.5-10x42 NXS ZeroStop w/ MOAR.  I normally use nightforce mounts, but I did not want 20moa built into the mount, so I ordered a LaRue LT-111-30 OBR QD mount.  I was tempted to try the USO 1.5-10x37 but I have been so impressed with my NF 8-32x56 NXS that I couldn't jump ship.  I'm sure USO makes awesome products but I am very familiar with the platform function of the NF NXS optics so I figured I'd keep it simple.  

Any suggestions you all have are welcome.  

5 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

Assuming you meant a youpper from the UP, no sir.   Im from Detroit.   Now I'm in Ypsilanti.  Literally right down the street from where the B-24 Bombers came from.  Does that make me a troll?  You're just on the other side of the lake huh?

Lol yup! Yes sir just south TPROM (the people's republic of Madison)

1 hour ago, shepp said:

But Madison's college is better ??

If I wanted to go to school in WI, it would be in Osh Kosh.  Ann Arbor is a microsphere of absolute perfection.  When a U of M student farts, it actually cleans the air a little bit.  Plus, here, we have the thriving Metropolis of Detroit nearby which allows for many activities ranging from wholesome, to downright sinister.  

19 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

If I wanted to go to school in WI, it would be in Osh Kosh.  Ann Arbor is a microsphere of absolute perfection.  When a U of M student farts, it actually cleans the air a little bit.  Plus, here, we have the thriving Metropolis of Detroit nearby which allows for many activities ranging from wholesome, to downright sinister.  

I was smart I went to tech school, I got a degree in partying from UW whitewater tho

18 hours ago, EZTundra77 said:

Jason's in Windsor if it is still in business. Enough said.

:banana::drool::thumbup::hail:

26 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

i grew up in Detroit, so obviously, football never mattered to me.  I work at U of M.  My affiliation ends there.  

My brother went to OSU, was in the band his roommate was on the football team. Our next door neighbor in Cleveland when he grew up went to UM played football then played in the NFL. His mom won an Olympic gold medal in'64 (4x100} Tennessee track program was king then.

I watched the replay of the UM vs OSU game in the middle of the night,this morning. HoLeeSheet, double overtime. Better than the box score. Worth all the hype ! Two of the best teams in the country !  The old quarterback lost his cool on the sidelines more than once ! Bo S. would have told him to chill before he has a heart attack. The game was epic, I dont think Wisconsin or Penn State are as good as these two teams.