• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Schmidt & Bender 1.5-8x26 Short-Dot on LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter??

m1911

Hi folks,

(I mostly shoot M-14's with Vortex Razors, Schmidt & Benders, as well as Iron-Sights; however I own some LMT & LaRue AR-15's and have used a fair number of Aim-Points and ACOGs as well.  I really NEVER shoot 5.56 at all anymore and only shoot 7.62x51)

My next project will be an LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter package in .308.

Does ANYONE have experience with the Schmidt & Bender 1.5-8x26 Short-Dot?  I don't hear much about these.

I have a pair of Vortex Razor 1-6x24 HD-Gen-II's which probably makes the most sense to use.

I'm sure I'd buy Spuhr Mount/Rings in 34mm to secure it.

Thanks!

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/police-and-military-forces/1-5-8x26-pm-ii-shortdot.html

639-945-777-G3-E5B10-PMII-ShortDot-1_5-8

41 minutes ago, m1911 said:

Thank you Shepp....

Whatever rule I broke I certainly apologize for...

In the meantime, I posted in the introduction area.

I've been reading here for a long time....

Thanks again,

Mark

Lol just busting your balls the rule is if you ask about a product and no one replies with a review of their own you must buy and report. From the sounds of your intro you already own? We'll be interested in hearing your review ?

Great comments guys......And another thing....

I have to say the Vortex Razor 1-6 does everything and more.....great eye relief, great glass, great red dot, durability, etc.

I just wanted to squeak a couple more X's out by going to 8x with the S&B.

29 minutes ago, m1911 said:

Great comments guys......And another thing....

I have to say the Vortex Razor 1-6 does everything and more.....great eye relief, great glass, great red dot, durability, etc.

I just wanted to squeak a couple more X's out by going to 8x with the S&B.

Have you checked out Primary Arms? They make a 2nd focal plane 1x8

The new dual focal plane low power variable scopes look really cool. Out of my price range but you don't seem to have that handicap. Bushnell elite tactical has a 1-8x DFP. Weaver has a 1-7x. Valdada and USO make them for the high end. I'm sure there's more. Seems like a better option if you can afford it.

Edited by blue109

18 hours ago, blue109 said:

At that budget point I'd be looking for something with true 1x low end. 1.5 is weird when the you're trying to use it like a red dot with both eyes open.

That's a great point that S&B agrees with in their own advertising....

Honestly, the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 is AWESOME, and I may just stick with those anyway for a .308 AR...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I'm trying to justify a VUDU 1-6x right now. 

Don't do it Robo!  You don't need a VUDU.  Follow Mike's example and get a Simmons.  Look how long that thing is lasting him!

You'll be able to shoot and enjoy it, without worrying about scratching it or dropping it.  You can probably even put some of Mike's reloads under it and not sweat it.

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Don't do it Robo!  You don't need a VUDU.  Follow Mike's example and get a Simmons.  Look how long that thing is lasting him!

You'll be able to shoot and enjoy it, without worrying about scratching it or dropping it.  You can probably even put some of Mike's reloads under it and not sweat it.

That cheap Summons lasted six or seven outings , wasn't made for 308 recoil . It would still be working if it was on a AR15...

Eotech got caught red-handed lying to everyone about the durability of their products, including the military and LE whose lie may depend on their operation. I understand they are still fine for most people, but it's the principal. I would pick up a used optic on the used market if I saw a good deal, but I don't ever see myself throwing money at them.