• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Odie64

odie64

Hey everyone

My name is Mike and if you are wondering how I picked my user name....It is a combination of a not too smart animated dog and the year I was born. I have been shooting for 30+ years on and off, sometimes more often off than on. My first centerfire rifle was an Olympic Arms PCR4 (Politically Correct Rifle)a post ban 20" A2 At 15. After years of abuse about shooting a poodle shooter I stepped up the a Springfield Armory M1A Loaded. I have built a couple of ARs, a 9mm and a 300 Blackout.  I can blame the Marines, well one particular Marine for my current project. He started a .308 AR  build and well it sounded like a good idea and you know what they say about Lays Potato Chips. I am Building a PSA Gen II PA10. I have learned a few things along the way and if all things go well it should be completed this weekend. I will post pics, specs, costs and lessons learned once  I am done. I'm feeling encouraged, but there is always that bit of anxiety until you send that first round down range.

Hoping to be able to give a good report. From reading it sounds like the PSA products have had some teething problems. Most things went together well. I am using PSA lower, upper, barrel and a DPMS style BCG. I am thinking they will mate well and function. The mock up seems good and no issues were noted at this time.

How can we go back and correct grammatical errors once we post ?

4 minutes ago, odie64 said:

Hoping to be able to give a good report. From reading it sounds like the PSA products have had some teething problems. Most things went together well. I am using PSA lower, upper, barrel and a DPMS style BCG. I am thinking they will mate well and function. The mock up seems good and no issues were noted at this time.

How can we go back and correct grammatical errors once we post ?

From the sounds of it the gen 2's have been better than gen one. There is a edit button at the bottom of each post but it disappears after a certain amount of time

again welcome from southern Wisconsin 

21 minutes ago, odie64 said:

Thanks

That edit button must disappear fast. I never saw it.  Pretty sure most people will figure out AR 15 and not At 15

I never even caught it, but my brain has built in auto correct I'm horrible at spelling and grammar. 

Welcome from Wisconsin. Don't worry too much about the grammer. Both my grammer and gramdaughter like to shoot as well. Got a loaded M1A also. There is a service rifle sub thread on this forum if you want to talk about it. Good luck with your PSA build. Sounds like the new ones are a lot better than the first generation.

• 1 month later...