• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

appendix conceal carry

The Father

I always appendix carry. I sometimes appendix AND 4 o'clock. There are some here who can testify that I will appendix, 4 o'clock AND cross draw... plus mags.

when I was fatter, carrying a hammer fired pistol was rough on the belly. My PPK/s would get adjusted several times in a car ride. 

Im MUCH smaller now, sz44 down to sz32, and swapped for a striker fired XDs 9mm.

If you appendix carry, choose your holster wisely. Most of mine are leather or nylon, open top. No room in these wranglers for a kydex rig. 

• 1 month later...

I have carried appendix for years, always wearing my Rosco just to the right of my buckle, at the 1 o'clock. 

Lately I've been moving over to a 12 o'clock position, directly behind my buckle. I'm finding I get much less "printing" on a larger variety of shirts. I generally wear Wrangler-type jeans and a leather belt with buckle, but on days like today I don't have any issues carrying in shorts and a gunfighter belt. 

Ive seen a few of the newer holsters designed for a pistol and magazine at this location. The most popular seems to be the G-Code Incog. I think I'm going to get in contact with LAG Tactical to design something similar, but to fit a pistol with a light. It's upsetting to me that there are so few options for subcompact pistols equipped with a WML. 

IMG_5412.JPG

"Mexican Carry" (no holster) for the camera

• 1 year later...

A lot of people appendix carry. To each their own. However, the number 1 rule of guns is not to sweep anyone including yourself. I see a lot of "professional gun experts" on YouTube, disregard this when it comes to appendix carry. I just will never do it. It's just too dangerous, especially considering where the gun is pointed. When it comes to guns I'm just super paranoid. But to each their own. 

8 hours ago, Exhail said:

A lot of people appendix carry. To each their own. However, the number 1 rule of guns is not to sweep anyone including yourself. I see a lot of "professional gun experts" on YouTube, disregard this when it comes to appendix carry. I just will never do it. It's just too dangerous, especially considering where the gun is pointed. When it comes to guns I'm just super paranoid. But to each their own. 

How are you sweeping yourself ? I practice a lot with my carry firearm & when its drawn , its pointing at the ground till it comes up to point at the target & usually my first shot is instinctive , after that , follow up shots are sighted .

30 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

How are you sweeping yourself ? I practice a lot with my carry firearm & when its drawn , its pointing at the ground till it comes up to point at the target & usually my first shot is instinctive , after that , follow up shots are sighted .

When you're sitting. Like in your car for instance. 

Your gun is not just gonna "go off" on it's own.  It won't fire itself.  I appendix carry a G19 or a Springfield XDs45 - depends on the situation.  I wouldn't appendix a Hi-point, just my own reasons.  The gun isn't gonna shoot itself, and decide to shoot your dick off.  Once I find a nice appendix rig for my Kimber RCP II, I'll carry that thing in there, too.  I'm not worried about shooting myself in the dick-n-balls - that's either an unsafe pistol to carry in the first place, or very improper weapons handling.

It won't shoot itself.  Kinda just like this:

you-there-its-not-gonna-suck-itself-1927

On 6/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Robocop1051 said:

Im MUCH smaller now, sz44 down to sz32,

I fell apart sorta after a recent health scare,  not that I ever had a problem eating a whole package of cookies anyhow,  but I regained a bunch of weight.  Appendicks carry just plain hurts with a 44" waist,  unless standing at attention,  parade rest,  or at ease. None of which I have paid the least of mind to in 50 years.  The four or five o'clock position rests upon a solidly built love handle and bulges unless I wear a modified moo moo a la grandma.  I ordered a smart looking rig that I'll wear under a Hawaiian type shirt for now,  eat more rabbit food and reduce reduce reduce.  AIWB holsters are made for and should be considered a disciplined carry.  No effin' jokesters or silly sallies.  Carry is a serious business and should be done by serious people.  I forget that myself at times,  but this thread helped me remember.  There are plenty of real reasons to carry today,  even in the best of places.

21 minutes ago, RedRiverII said:

The above sounds like I don't joke around.  I mess around all the time,  day in day out.  I don't sleep well and believe it or not just woke up again,  cranky.  Not that anyone gives a particular hoot,  but thought I'd get it out there.  

That really is pretty funny, I don't care who you are...😊

There's nothing at all wrong with appendix carry, if you have a good gun, and your weapons-handling doesn't suck.  You're not gonna shoot your dick off, if those two rules are applied.  Won't happen.  Appendix carry is quite safe, and anyone that says different - post the data that it's not safe, with gun details, et al,...  

Here's some appendix carry, from Jim Zubiena - look him up if you don't know who he is.  This was from a  "Miami Vice" in the mid '80s...  Appendix carry is effective.  Just do it right, with the right gun.  Your dick isn't gonna get blown off.  If you're worried about your dick or twins, that means you have no faith in the inherent safety of the gun you carry, or you don't trust your own gun-handling skills. 

Edited by 98Z5V

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

There's nothing at all wrong with appendix carry, if you have a good gun, and your weapons-handling doesn't suck.  You're not gonna shoot your dick off, if those two rules are applied.  Won't happen.  Appendix carry is quite safe, and anyone that says different - post the data that it's not safe, with gun details, et al,...  

I feel uncomfortable when my 33 round mag protrudes and my shirt bulges. Smiling and looking excited ! 😘

19 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

I feel uncomfortable when my 33 round mag protrudes and my shirt bulges. Smiling and looking excited ! 😘

That make it look like you're concealing YOUR DICK, and it looks like YOUR DICK is growing sideways.  :laffs:

I'd run from you, too, if you walked up to me like that, shiit hangin' half a foot off your body...   :lmao:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

That make it look like you're concealing YOUR DICK, and it looks like YOUR DICK is growing sideways.  :laffs:

I'd run from you, too, if you walked up to me like that, shiit hangin' half a foot off your body...   :lmao:

Did you look at the holster I sent you the Amazon link ... Neptune appendix holster.