• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

2017 Summer Vacation!!!!!

bubbas4570

So I decided to take a summer vacation, and didn't have to convince my better half to come with, on the bike to Idaho this year.....via Montana.

I have no idea what the hell I am wanting to go to in Idaho (should have known most of the state is F'n A!!!!! for scenery and the "correct" attitude towards humanity), so I ask Magwa for any suggestions.  He gladly gives some great ideas, I follow most, and plans made for a meet up.  ....let me tell you, the best stop I had (save the paying for my sisters' new handgun) was meeting Magwa, his wife, and friends.

Idaho has some of the best scenery out there on a regular basis, the gun laws of the state have me thinking of relocating in a serious way, and the time I had with some great new found friends makes for future visits a definite.  Elk burgers and steaks on an open fire, with the appropriate drink of choice, along with discussion of the current American situation that doesn't include ANY BS to make you need to worry about how to state what one thinks makes for GREAT times!!!!

First I needed to learn them Idahoans how to drink wine from a beer can....

4tr66o.jpg

Magwa enjoying my ride for a bit....

1z6tj6x.jpg

Us all mugging for the camera.....

ml3zax.jpg

Some of the beauty from Magwa's boat on the way back in to shore....

b7l9xc.jpg

and just in case there is any question on how Idaho looks.....(from our hotel balcony)

15oi2cj.jpg

That's pretty badass, right there.  It's (not that) strange, but when any of us meet up, it's  great time.  I'm glad you got to make that trip, bubba, and I'm pretty jealous that you got to hang out with Mike.  :thumbup:

I put on 2508.5 (had to put that badass .5 mile on there) in 6 days of riding 2 up through some 90-100 degree heat.....started getting to us pretty bad.Neither of us are used to being outside on a regular basis daily, not to mention with high heat and the oven blowing on you for hours on end....

We just were NOT ready for this trip this year, as opposed to a "normal" year for us.  Didn't get the normal miles in riding to get in shape, and this was more of a relaxing  period after the wedding and funeral a week previous in my family....just too much poop going on.

Was surprised to feel like this before we took a 2 day break just before the 11 hour ride home.....:nutkick:

2 minutes ago, shepp said:

That's awesome Bubba I'm greatly jealous I was in Idaho with my parents 20 years ago...........holy fornicate 20 years ago this week to be exact! 

You old bastard...   :lmao:

That Bubba I tell you good people knows whats up and the direction he is pointing, But i tell ya drinking wine from a beer can somehow that just ain't right , we had a good time went out on the lake for dinner had some elk and some alcohol ....whats not to like... :)

On 7/3/2017 at 10:07 PM, Magwa said:

That Bubba I tell you good people knows whats up and the direction he is pointing, But i tell ya drinking wine from a beer can somehow that just ain't right

Hell, I don't even drink BEER from a beer can! I pour that schit into a glass or mug, preferably chilled in the freezer beforehand.

Idaho. Reminds me of a joke about a beauty contest...

But seriously, the scenery is unmatched, I did a lot of mapping in the Copper Basin up near the Stanley and Lemhi Ranges in the 70s. Incredible country! Also Craters Of The Moon National Monument. Bring water, lots of water!