• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Guess how I did this..

Damn man. That looks like it hurt like hell. How in the hell did you do that? I mean, we all understand Garand thumb. But how'd you get your finger in the action of an AR? Just so I can relate the story to others.....starting with.......you'll never believe what this one dude did.................. :laffs:

6 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Damn man. That looks like it hurt like hell. How in the hell did you do that? I mean, we all understand Garand thumb. But how'd you get your finger in the action of an AR? Just so I can relate the story to others.....starting with.......you'll never believe what this one dude did.................. :laffs:

Went test fire my new PA10 build. Had a few FTE. Pulled the bolt back to the bolt catch to clear the fired case. I guess when I removed the magazine the bolt was released from the FUULLYY FUCKIN' retacted position and ....CHOMP with my finger in the way. My avatar is the actual pic of my face when this happened. True story.

Ima dumbass

Yep. A friend of mine has a Cetme rifle. At the range one day, and I was looking the other way. Heard the "slap" of the bolt release, only to be followed by a soft thud of a sound. Turned around, and somehow, he had gotten his finger jammed right into the action. Who knew......that a grown man could swing one of those rifles above his head by only one finger while screaming like a little girl. :lmao:

also a true story

3 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Yep. A friend of mine has a Cetme rifle. At the range one day, and I was looking the other way. Heard the "slap" of the bolt release, only to be followed by a soft thud of a sound. Turned around, and somehow, he had gotten his finger jammed right into the action. Who knew......that a grown man could swing one of those rifles above his head by only one finger while screaming like a little girl. :lmao:

also a true story

:lmao: yeah buddy. As the saying goes "you learn something every day". I learned that my rifle does NOT like to be finger-banged. She'll bite ya.

I had doubts about sharing this less than flattering moment with the internet but said "fugg it, if i can make someone out there laugh for a second or two, go for it". I ain't too proud. No effing way I'd post that on ar15dotcom. I'd be burned to a crisp. You guys seem like a decent bunch though. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper

I've screamed like a girl before - Damn sure not too proud to admit that. It was in the face if imminent death, and I did it. I didn't think I'd make it out alive, and wasn't concerned about it it that point. Here's how it all went down...

On a serious note... there's a good chance your bolt isn't retracting far enough. Unless you inadvertently hit the bolt release, the bolt shouldn't have gone forward. 

Is it possible that the bolt was only pulled back far enough to rest on the edge of the magazine follower? When you put your finger in, you may have released the pressure and the bolt tried to slam home.

With no mag in the rifle, can you manually lock the bolt back?seeing as you stated you were having failures, this might be worth investigation. 

3 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

On a serious note... there's a good chance your bolt isn't retracting far enough. Unless you inadvertently hit the bolt release, the bolt shouldn't have gone forward. 

Is it possible that the bolt was only pulled back far enough to rest on the edge of the magazine follower? When you put your finger in, you may have released the pressure and the bolt tried to slam home.

With no mag in the rifle, can you manually lock the bolt back?seeing as you stated you were having failures, this might be worth investigation. 

That was the first thing I checked after I installed the buffer and spring. It does go back and catch on the bolt face when manually cycled. Also, the bolt does hold open after the last round is fired. 

I got Mac 10 Thumb once , it left a mark & I wasn't shy about posting it here , it happens to anyone who actually works on firearms .

I have Army vet. gunsmith buddy in Ohio who shot himself in the forearm with a 32 auto , had a live round stuck in the chamber & firearm , little pocket pistol , would not fire or something , he started to disassemble said pistol & this released the Striker & fired the round in the chamber . lucky for him the bullet only went in about a half inch , he could see the bullet & wanted to just remove it because it was just under his skin , but others told him to go to ER & that set a whole other things in motion , like a gun shot wound & LE called by ER personal , normal procedure . Even though he proved he worked at a gun shop & was one of the Smiths , they were obligated to investigate it .

We call him shooter at Camp , self inflicted shooter , $hit happens .:laffs:Lucky thats all that happened , it could have been much worse .

• 1 month later...