• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vegas Shooting

survivalshop

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I said that in an earlier post .

The Bump fire or crank fire or what ever , has nothing to do with firearms , its a stock system or a hand crank to get around the NFA  & not part of the Second amendment .They can do what ever they want to it . Its not infringing on the Second Amendment .

Face it , if you want a Select fire weapon , you can buy it , they just cost a lot . You can say the bump stock is a poor mans full auto , but now people know its out there & wondering why , because of one POS , its gone .

I have had a lot of people who asked me , what is that thing & how come its legal to do that , of course , because of some animal , its front & center & will take one for the team .

For me , I could care less . it can go Bye , no big deal . People can just jump up & down & scream that its part of their rights , but its not , no where near it . I always said , I was  surprised  it was Ok'd by O'Buttheads ATF anyway . 

I would be more worried on what they try to pile on with this .

I'm witchya.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the interwebz

Everyone who cherishes the 2nd Amendment needs to understand why the "bump fire" stock came into being. Republicans were working to combat liberal jurisdictions and the BATF in the mid 80's, which were prosecuting and imprisoning American citizens simply for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. This effort was called the Firearms Owner's Protection Act of 1986. The purpose of this Act was entirely to prevent government abuses against the citizenry for exercising their rights under the 2nd Amendment

The ultra-liberal New Jersey Senator William J. "Bill" Hughes introduced a "poison pill" amendment to the bill that banned civilian sale of any machinegun manufactured after implementation of the Act (May 19, 1986). He was hoping that supporters of the FOPA would decline to vote for the bill due to the amendment, so that his state could continue violating the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans unimpeded. Even if they went ahead and passed it, he would effectively be denying the rights of all the citizenry in the country to own a machinegun. Everyone except approximately 175,000, which is the estimated number of legally transferrable machineguns in the NFA Register.

In essence, Senator Hughes created a "loophole" for the government to deny the citizenry their 2nd Amendment rights. How can you defend that it's perfectly OK and legal for 175,000 Americans to own and use machineguns, but no one else, forever?

Enter Slide Fire Solutions owner USAF SSgt(RET) Jeremiah Cottle. Recognizing a need, he created the bump fire stock. He was awarded a U.S. Patent and BATFE legal concurrence in 2010 to manufacture and sell them to the citizenry, which as closely as possible reinstated their lawful ability to obtain something that had been denied to them for a quarter century.

So contrary to what the media and politicians are telling you, the bump stock is a "loophole" to partially restore a 2nd Amendment right that was taken from us in 1986. Spinning this any other way is flat our 100% wrong.

So if you believe bump stocks should be banned, you are in lockstep with Bill Hughes and the State of New Jersey. You can't spin it any other way. To attempt doing so is misleading and disingenuous. You must decide whether you'll abandon your principles, or stand and fight. Tread carefully...

On 10/4/2017 at 2:22 PM, Sisco said:

On the island of Mindanao if I am not mistaken. 98 can fill us in on that. But it is still overwhelmingly Catholic.

Could talk about it for days, brother.  The south and southwest of the country are where the real problems are - and it is overwhelmingly Catholic.   LARGE contingent of muslim population comes in as a close runner-up.  Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) were traditionally the anti-government groups - or "alternate govt" in some eyes.  Up pops the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG), KFR shiit they pull, and they snatched a few American citizens for ransom, 9/11 happens, someone finds a link between ASG and Al-Qaeda..   We assist the Phils in gettin' some of that a$s...  :thumbup:

On 10/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, Sisco said:

Let's not assume anything until we know. That just adds fuel to the fire. It's bad enough as it is. Paddock's story, whatever it is, will b e coming to light soon.

I doubt it. Whatever happened, this is useful fo several interested parties. I'd say if you are in the business of selling security scanners (back scatter x-ray machines and the ike - already installed a day after this event in some Vegas attraction I can't remember which), or if you are a politician of either party seeking favor from the anti-gun dickheads, or any of a few other interested groups - there is nothing better for promoting your cause than an incident like this.

I'm not claiming to know anything about the guy, or the event. I'm just saying that what we will see on teh news will be sanitized beyond recognition (you NEVER seeAmerican men killed and injured in wars on teh news anymore - just one example).

We are likely to hear and read a lot of airhead analysis of scant facts but not much truth, Just my opinion of course, no offense intended.

Rich

3 hours ago, blue109 said:

The ultra-liberal New Jersey Senator William J. "Bill" Hughes introduced a "poison pill" amendment to the bill that banned civilian sale of any machinegun manufactured after implementation of the Act (May 19, 1986). He was hoping that supporters of the FOPA would decline to vote for the bill due to the amendment, so that his state could continue violating the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans unimpeded. Even if they went ahead and passed it, he would effectively be denying the rights of all the citizenry in the country to own a machinegun. Everyone except approximately 175,000, which is the estimated number of legally transferrable machineguns in the NFA Register.

here here! So there are only 175000 people with full second amendment rights. It's just a faux pas...

9 hours ago, blue109 said:

from the interwebz

Everyone who cherishes the 2nd Amendment needs to understand why the "bump fire" stock came into being. Republicans were working to combat liberal jurisdictions and the BATF in the mid 80's, which were prosecuting and imprisoning American citizens simply for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. This effort was called the Firearms Owner's Protection Act of 1986. The purpose of this Act was entirely to prevent government abuses against the citizenry for exercising their rights under the 2nd Amendment

In essence, Senator Hughes created a "loophole" for the government to deny the citizenry their 2nd Amendment rights. How can you defend that it's perfectly OK and legal for 175,000 Americans to own and use machineguns, but no one else, forever?

Enter Slide Fire Solutions owner USAF SSgt(RET) Jeremiah Cottle. Recognizing a need, he created the bump fire stock. He was awarded a U.S. Patent and BATFE legal concurrence in 2010 to manufacture and sell them to the citizenry, which as closely as possible reinstated their lawful ability to obtain something that had been denied to them for a quarter century.

So contrary to what the media and politicians are telling you, the bump stock is a "loophole" to partially restore a 2nd Amendment right that was taken from us in 1986. Spinning this any other way is flat our 100% wrong.

So if you believe bump stocks should be banned, you are in lockstep with Bill Hughes and the State of New Jersey. You can't spin it any other way. To attempt doing so is misleading and disingenuous. You must decide whether you'll abandon your principles, or stand and fight. Tread carefully...

There is no doubt the 1986 act is unconstitutional .

I was a Class three FFL back then . Its got nothing to do with the Bump stock , its an accessory , period !  Not covered under the second , its not all that popular , unless you like to waste ammo , which if you got the $$ to waste , save it for a NFA select fire weapon .

Contrary to some people here , plenty of select fire NFA weapons for sale out there . Its how they got around the 2ND Amendment , they believed didn't really take anything away from us ( but they really did ) They just made them only available for people with a lot of $$ .

I sold all my NFA weapons & I had a bunch of them , I couldn't afford to shoot them like I used to . Its a rich mans game now a days , is it right , NO !

12 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Used to bring dad's bird dogs all the time, part of training them to ignore the gunfire. That said we never put them front and center like that with rifles.

I used to train my German Short Hairs with shot guns also, but not to a gun range , training area , of course . Just strange to me .

Why is it with such fine hearing that their hearing isn't damaged as it happens to humans. An audiologist explained you here sound off this bone like thing with hairs on it. As you get older hairs fall off slight hearing loss. Sound shock that and many hairs far soon and more of them. Took my dog to the range she didn't like and stayed in the truck. Didn't do that again. I sure miss that dog.

28 minutes ago, shepp said:

Youtubed removing all slidefire videos and giving strikes against those who posted them typical libs trying to erase history

Wouldn't want any facts to interfere with the emotional outrage propaganda campaign.

Wonder if the guy with a stick got a "strike"?