• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What is Condition Red Ordnance Mfg.?

Robocop1051

Several years ago I got into the "AR" world. What started out as a "I wonder if I could" project, turned into a "This can be done better" goal. I don't think there is anything "wrong" per se. I'm a big fan of the Stoner rifle. I'm also a fan of the Kalashnikov and the numerous HK variants. While I never say that any of them are wrong... They were all designed over 50 years ago. There is no piece of machinery that has existed this long without a superior replacement being available... yet here we are. It's 2018 and the AR, AK and HK families still reign supreme over any other.

Arms: CROM has set out to redesign several features that have been accepted as "good enough" for decades. The absolute maximum amount of quality has been squeezed out by means of engineering miracles. The fire control system makes no sense in a 21st Century firearm, but we continue to accept it. CROM has set out to redesign the entire system, removing conflicting and possible failing concepts and instituting an entire new (yet old) train of thought on the process. Why, since the dawn of time, has the bolt rifle been considered the superior candidate to a more accurate rifle? It boild down to the fire control and cyclic action of the modern rifle. Imagine if you could guarantee "bolt action like" accuracy out of every modern rifle you owned, without sacrificing the combat effectiveness you require. 

Ballistics: WHY ARE WE STILL SHOOTING EXPENSIVE METAL PROJECTILES??? Because that's what we're used to and that's what the industry tells us to shoot. Lead, copper, steel have all gone up in price since it was first discovered. The one thing that has continuously depreciated, as ease of use and simplicity of manufacturing has evolved, and that's polymer! Making a composite polymer combines the useful features of the materials we are all accustomed to, with the cost savings we desire. This won't "replace" conventional ammunition, as every type of shooting has it's focus... but WHAT IF???? What if you could purchase a highly accurate projectile, usable in all of your current hand loading machines, that was only a small fraction of the cost of your current chosen projectile? What if you could purchase a load that cycled with the expected guaranteed perfection of a FMJ, yet had the ballistic equivalence of an expanding projectile. Imagine that top of the line combat round, meeting all the military regulations of being a FMJ, non-expanding projectile, yet still performing with the deadly performance of your favorite hollow-point. We currently have several such projectiles, currently being tested all over the world, including the MENA Region... What does this mean for you? A professional American-made, battle proven, real world experience projectile, with no current market equivalent. Will it replace your current inventory, probably not... But I expect it to be in your regular shopping cart in some form of component or cartridge. 

Armor: Soft body armor is expensive and cumbersome to quickly deploy, and mostly ends at level IIIa. Hard plate armor has taken the world by storm, but we've really only been left with two options, heavy or bulky. On one hand we have AR500 type hard plates. They are thin and inexpensive, but at 12-15 pounds per plate, you have to look like a professional wrestler to wear a complete rig for any extended length of time. Sure, ceramic is a regularly accepted alternative... but you treat it like a newborn baby so that you don't crack your obnoxiously expensive ballistic plate, which would then make it useless. The alternative is the uber-expensive polyethylene... if you're ok with having a 1.5" plate sticking out of your chest like a life preserver from the Titanic. Sure it's lightweight, but at the price you're paying, and the enormous size your forced to work around, it's practically unusable. But WHAT IF... What if you had a hard plate armor, that was NIJ certified level III+ rated, was only 3/4" thick, and half the weight of steel plates? What if this plate, that's lighter than AR500, and thinner than polyethylene, undercut all the competitors on the market. What if a product was released not because we COULD make it better and cheaper, but because we WANTED to make American operators safer, and keep it at blue collar costs so that everyone could afford it. This is being done RIGHT now, and on a Trump sized "HUUUUGE" scale. I literally just finished blasting several prototype plates, comparing weight to size ratios. Nothing is more satisfying than flattening round after round of M885, M80/L2A2 and 7.62x39 steel core FMJ, into a single plate of lightweight/affordable armor.

So what does Condition Red Ordnance Mfg do? We do everything!

PS. OH, and thanks to Beachin Tactical, now we get to play with knives too! You guys are going to love that one too!!!

6 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

All this with a job and a growing family, you are the real deal Brother! I will do everything possible to support this endeavor. My LGS owner  is a LEO and gets into the top ten sellers on Gun Broker regularly, any info you would like to pass on let me know. He owns BW Outfitters.

Lol. I’ve bought from him. 

7 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Lol. I’ve bought from him. 

Small world! Brad is a great guy, pure Liberty and freedom loving man. Has two shops right now and always has plans to grow. Sam, his gunsmith, is getting pretty good at cerakote now. They lean heavy on the tactical side of the business, bet you all would get along great!

https://bwoutfitters.org/

• 11 months later...