Can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:01 AM, 98Z5V said:

@Rsquared, hey brother...  We shooting the MRAD to 1600 yards?  at night?  Just wondering, brother. Lemme know.  I'm down.

https://tnvc.com/shop/uns-anpvs-22-universal-night-sight/

Okay you bastards. So I've been thinking since this originally came up (about 3 whole days ago). I've gotta keep upping the game since Matt and Tom just seem to keep stepping up the yardage. They're doing yardage, so I've gotta bring the equipment. Sooooo.

I've been mulling this over. Now granted, there's a good amount of price difference between the two. But I'm thinking about these two optics. AND none of you fukers can hold me to "The Rule" since I ain't asking if any of you bastards have either of these. So, with that being said, let's have a good talk/decision on if I should get either of these for us to play with come the fall.

The first ( and cheaper of the two) is this.

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day-night-rifle-scope-5-20x

Now, first of all. We all know that ATN makes military grade equipment. The price just blows me away for what this thing says it is (and is capable of). Now, granted, this one is "JUST" night vision. But it seems like it does a whole hell of a lot for the "cheap" price. If all is true. This thing would definitely be BADASS to put on my SASS since my Nightforce NXS has obviously been regulated (only) to the MRAD after Tom and Matt zero'd that fuker on over 600 yards (and capable of much more). And that thing was banging steel with no problems with no matter WHO we layed down behind it.

Second........................................IS THIS!

https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-hd-640-2-5x-25x

Once again. ATN is no fukin joke. A military grade, high performance thermal sight. I know that it seems pricey, but if it can do all that they say that it can do (which realistically I have no doubt). We can have a hell of a time doing the night shoots come this fall. And this thing could easily (meaning probably) take the place of the Nightforce on the MRAD (as if it wouldn't). With all of the features (which the other one has except the thermal capabilities), this would be one FUN FUKIN toy to be able to play with.

So ladies. Let's think about this. And let's not just say "BUY IT" just for the sake of saying it. I want to help bring this crowd into the area of superior equipment, and elite talent and performance. We're a group like no other. At least few that I've had the pleasure of being around. And that's all of you........even the ones that I haven't met face to face with yet.

So? Tell me what you think. And I'm fukin serious. Good, bad, pros and cons.

You all said BRING IT! I'm willing to give it a shot.

I LOVE THIS CROWD!

You guys ARE my BROTHERS! (Damn......I must be one STUPID M-FER) :lmao:

14 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Okay you bastards...

I've been mulling this over. Now granted, there's a good amount of price difference between the two. But I'm thinking about these two optics. AND none of you fukers can hold me to "The Rule" since I ain't asking if any of you bastards have either of these. So, with that being said, let's have a good talk/decision on if I should get either of these for us to play with come the fall.

Ron is SMART. He's done his homework. :thumbup:  Now I gotta read the rest of what he wrote...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

23 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

*Gives Tom stealth high-five*

Fuckin' KILLED IT, brother.  :thumbup: Right on.  :laffs:

Ron, seriously, don't buy anything yet.  I'm not kidding.

I lived through Gen 1 night vision in the Army, and Gen 2, but I never was in to mess with the Gen 3 stuff.  It's leaps and bounds.

Gen 2 has a serious limit of 600 yards in distance. I need to dig up some specs on it. 

These numbers for distance in this article aren't the real deal, but the descriptions of the capabilities between the generations is accurate.

I've easily taken Gen 2 to 600 yards, at night, with shiit illumination. Since we'd be lighting the target, at distance, that limit becomes somewhat "blurred." 

http://www.nightvision4less.com/education-center-night-vision-generations.aspx

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Ps-28? I like the ability to clip it in front of my scope or take it off without re-zero. My concern with the electric scopes is what happens during failure. 

I agree brother. But if a "failure" happens, you're already at a great distance. so, supposedly no harm no foul to you (as the shooter). You just displace and regroup back to "friendly" territory.

The PVS-22 was the Gen 3 gated clip-on that started all that...  Just attach in front of your magnified optic.  Don't buy that thing. It's $10k at a good discount.

https://www.adorama.com/nvpvs22p.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiL2VzKTP2gIVDdlkCh11GwGqEAQYAyABEgLgPvD_BwE

If you're crazy serious about this brother, we need to look at the differences between NV and thermal.

Holy hell.  I didn't realize the shiitstorm we created here...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Fuckin' KILLED IT, brother.  :thumbup: Right on.  :laffs:

Ron, seriously, don't buy anything yet.  I'm not kidding.

I hear ya brother. I'm not rushing into anything in this price range. But the specs (and capabilities) on their site are pretty awesome. Between the wifi, Bluetooth, HD video, range finding, POI compensating gobblede-gook. I figured that all of us could decide if this was a worth while decision.

This is why I threw it out to the group here.

i like watching the texas hog hunts at night! its pretty amazing how clear the thermal is at 200 yds. and the price on the atn gear is spot on! wifi is the cake! record your shots and look at your screen while panning.. always checking opticks planet when the night ad comes up. nv is on my list.

$hit Man,.....  The new ATN X-Sight II, powered by the Obsidian II Core, utilizes HD optics .....this ain't my old Redfield Wideview 3 to 9 , anymore, nice opr. manual! .....(price in today's dollars compare to a Redfield 3200 target scope back in the day.)......

Edited by mrmackc