• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I hate Kel Tec

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. nothing wrong with that, as I have wanted a pmr30 for a while, just low on the long list of things I want. not something I would carry or protect my home with, so it has its limitations in my opinion. 

I'm not rolling in the dough like some of you guys. ? actually someone high up in our command staff just denied us a 2% raise that was already approved by the state, because he didn't think we needed it. and I doubt my union is going to do anything about it, idk why I pay union dues. yay they made it so we could show arm tats... I don't have any, so useless to me. Every cop in all the counties around me with cities 2k people or more are making $3 or more an hour than me. And my agency wonders why they can't keep people or get new people. sorry, rant done. short story is I can't afford guns that are just for fun. lol.

28 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

lol. nothing wrong with that, as I have wanted a pmr30 for a while, just low on the long list of things I want. not something I would carry or protect my home with, so it has its limitations in my opinion. 

I'm not rolling in the dough like some of you guys. ? actually someone high up in our command staff just denied us a 2% raise that was already approved by the state, because he didn't think we needed it. and I doubt my union is going to do anything about it, idk why I pay union dues. yay they made it so we could show arm tats... I don't have any, so useless to me. Every cop in all the counties around me with cities 2k people or more are making $3 or more an hour than me. And my agency wonders why they can't keep people or get new people. sorry, rant done. short story is I can't afford guns that are just for fun. lol.

I feel ya brother. I’m state too. We sit and watch the muni guys get 12%-20% every contract. Meanwhile we catch crumbs. 

18 minutes ago, COBrien said:

I hope the muzzle is threaded. Ditch that stupid comp (on a .22 WMR? Really?) and thread on a can -- now we're having fun.

They say “yes” the barrel is threaded. 

30 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Agree you guys need a raise. I might give you a deal on my PMR when I am back up there this spring if you are interested.PM me in April if you are.

5 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I feel ya brother. I’m state too. We sit and watch the muni guys get 12%-20% every contract. Meanwhile we catch crumbs. 

They say “yes” the barrel is threaded. 

Well makes me feel a little bit better I am not the only one getting screwed. lol.

we have a class in the academy right now. they have wanted an 80 person class the last 3 years, never been able to get over 40 qualified people though. the current class started with 38 and is down to 15 now. and a large number of people have been retiring. we can't get enough people. I have had to cover 120 miles of interstate myself before and most days covering 40 miles. idk what it is going to take to get the changes we need.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Agree you guys need a raise. I might give you a deal on my PMR when I am back up there this spring if you are interested.PM me in April if you are.

thanks but no thanks, I have way more firearms I need to spend money on first

3 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Well makes me feel a little bit better I am not the only one getting screwed. lol.

we have a class in the academy right now. they have wanted an 80 person class the last 3 years, never been able to get over 40 qualified people though. the current class started with 38 and is down to 15 now. and a large number of people have been retiring. we can't get enough people. I have had to cover 120 miles of interstate myself before and most days covering 40 miles. idk what it is going to take to get the changes we need.

thanks but no thanks, I have way more firearms I need to spend money on first

Okay, I was going to say you qualify for the “Cheesehead Trooper” homie discount. But those probably aren’t allowed any way.

Edited by Sisco

17 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I always said that .22mag needed to be .22lr

I agree, the .22lr should have come first. I have always liked Kel-Tec's PMR-30 .22WMR pistol but never bought one as the .22 Mag cartridge is a little too exotic for me (my definition of an "exotic cartridge" is one that is not regularly available at my local Wal-Mart and/or Mom and Pop).  Though I do not need any more guns I'm probably going to get one of these after it has been a production for a bit and deemed decently reliable as you can't have too many .22lrs.

10 hours ago, Rsquared said:

My ears just perked up with the Trek reference. :lmao:

My armorer is not a Kel-Tec fan but the shop he works at sells their products and the staff all know I'm a potential buyer. No matter which Kel-Tec product they pull out to entice me with I always tell him "Kel-Tec is the future, resistance is futile". I'm going to tell him this when I buy one of these pistols too.