• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

thoughts and prayers for Huston pd

sketch

WTF.   This is getting old - serving a narc warrant, too. IMHO, all SWAT-type teams should be recruited from 100% combat veterans from multiple combat tours, directly from Ranger Battalions.  Put them through police academy training, get them up on laws, make them legal, and turn them loose on high-risk warrants. 

I am all for taking the reins off law enforcement when needed but I think there may be another angle to play at the same time. Decriminalize all drugs, take away the incentives that helps make the drug world violent. That would drastically cut down on the number of these types of raids needed. Then enforce the law on those that still see the need for violence against the innocent with a violence ten times what those scum can imagine. 

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Decriminalize all drugs, take away the incentives that helps make the drug world violent.

Portugal did this in 2001.  They have changed the way they handle people on drugs.  They actively try (not force) to get them in rehab.  It has been far more sustainable than continuing to feed the prison industry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

I realize Portugal is a completely different country with a much smaller population and different economic system.  But it would be a place to start the discussion.  The war on drugs is not working any more than gun laws stop criminals from using them to commit crimes.

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Then make it free! I realize it will make your job tougher for a few years but the weak and stupid would eventually be filtered out.

Unfortunately the worst idiots would survive pickled in their sauce of preference and the young experimental kids will be the ones who die. 

35 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Portugal did this in 2001.  They have changed the way they handle people on drugs.  They actively try (not force) to get them in rehab.  It has been far more sustainable than continuing to feed the prison industry.

I realize Portugal is a completely different country with a much smaller population and different economic system.  But it would be a place to start the discussion.  The war on drugs is not working any more than gun laws stop criminals from using them to commit crimes.

I spent a week in Portugal last year. Including,some late nights in Lisbon. Got approached to buy drugs, but never felt in danger. When I said no they turned around and left. 

37 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

There are a lot of programs here that do just that. It’s still very expensive 

Just now, Sisco said:

I spent a week in Portugal last year. Including,some late nights in Lisbon. Got approached to buy drugs, but never felt in danger. When I said no they turned around and left. 

That might be the positive result. I would still bet competitors would still be violent towards each other. Just what I see on a daily basis

16 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

That might be the positive result. I would still bet competitors would still be violent towards each other. Just what I see on a daily basis

Probably so. Big Money corrupts. The Portugese island of Madeira has an interesting approach. Heavy drug users , dealers or general criminals are put on a plane off the island, they are not let back in again, period. 250,000 people on an island 25 miles by 25 miles square. Little or no crime. 400 miles off the coast of Morocco.

18 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

No doubt there would still be the violent types but at least police efforts could be focused on those douche bags and not the casual users. The treatment/educational parts of the drug war could focus on the youngsters instead of the repeat offenders that jam the treatment centers for the purpose of getting some slack when they go to court. 

Whatever we do we have to do something different. The current system puts Officers in jeopardy on the street, adds a level of violence to our streets that would not be there without the criminalization, and enriches the corporate jails and treatment centers that have been long proven not to work. Just let Darwin do his thing.

I have no problem if adults want to kill them selves on all these drugs. the problem is every time we hit a house where there are drugs, there end up being traces of the drugs in children that live I those houses. you have young kids, toddlers, and babies that end up with meth, heroin, and other stuff in their systems because of the users around them. 

Some people say drugs is a victimless crime. not true, children are often the victims. 

I worked at the county's SO back in the 80's and support all who do an already tough job for little pay.

But

I have to ask,why weren't there any drugs found?

Why are there two different timelines?

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/drug-dealer-ambush-or-defense-against-home-invasion/#axzz5eHviVsQC

"Particularly disturbing about this case is information about the married couple who were killed in their home, along with their dog. They were 59 and 58 years old.  So far, there has not been any indication of criminal records. Nor did the police find any “black tar heroin” they claimed was being sold at the house.

This was a planned raid.  We should be able to determine exactly what happened, from the police point of view, from the body cameras.

The police had them and had them turned on, right? It was all planned. They knew there would be action. So they had a video to defend themselves if there was a problem… Right?

There are enough inconsistencies in this raid to want to see the video."

On 1/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, edgecrusher said:

He’s been screwed over by technology. 

My man!

F415023F-4F9A-488D-BABC-A2DEB049FA19.jpeg

A big fan of Darwin. Got to walk ashore in Tierra del Fuego on the beach where he first met indigeneous  natives. Amazing survivalists. The men were giants-average height, 6’10”. Wore no clothes whatsoever in a place where the temperature is rarely above 50F. Covered themselves with seal blubber to dive in the near freezing waters to harvest mussels and Atlantic King Crab. All dead now due to disease and persecution.

Darwin and John Malthus both knew where we were headed a long time ago.