Offical 300 BLK Picture Thread

6132expert

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you mean from heat, carbon fiber handles heat very well. I expect no problems with it passing it onto my hand. It's built to handle a can under it.  But I haven't gotten the can hot yet. But I can try to do so very soon. But as cans go, the way this particular can works I don't expect it to get very hot unless I put LOTS of ammo behind it. But only testing will tell. The can is for blast in a CQB situation and not so much for max' dB reduction. Most civilians, of which I'm one, wouldn't be interested in it for that reason. But what it does it does nicely while remaining short. It's definitely not ear safe for noise.

But if I need the heat wrap I have it's existence in my grey matter and I thank you for that and the heads up. 

I could post a new picture but unless one looked very closely at the curved trigger it would be invisible. 

I am sooo spoiled with my competition triggers and have come to expect them in all my guns as long as they aren’t shotguns. My recent 300BLK build I tried so hard to like the  stock trigger. It wasn’t terrible, but too heavy. Just a few hours ago today I installed a Hiperfire Hypertouch Genesis with the light (green) springs. Yeah, now that’s sooooo much better. It had a 6#+ trigger before and as I stated not terrible, just not for me. Now it’s got a 1# 8.4oz trigger that’s as smooth as butter and the break is crisp and the reset very short, maybe 1/16". There is a small amount of takeup with it but it’s very smooth. Just increase trigger pressure slightly and it breaks. My goal was a lighter trigger but to maintain or even increase the hammer strike energy. It’s definitely NOT a mil’ spec’ trigger, but I’m not a mill’ spec’ kinda guy anymore. I expect now the build is really done unless I need the heat wrap on the fore end.

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch-genesis/

Edited by BrianK

Today I did a 30 round mag dump to heat things up and do a function and suitability test of "things". I never do mag' dumps otherwise and if I didn't want to get things hot I never would have done this one. Anyway, no aiming, just from the hands near the hip, as fast as I could pull the trigger, 30 rounds in a few seconds, more than 5 and less than 10, or if you're from the left 30 rounds in .3 seconds. I didn't time it so yeah, maybe like hitlers zipper to them. Yeah, that got everything hot. The can was hot enough to burn skin. the handguard did get warm but at no time would it have gotten even uncomfortable to hold. I can't imagine any circumstance where I would ever use the handgun in a similar high heat manner. The handgun functioned fine. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 3:51 PM, Joelski said:

Man I wish it was a thermal! It’s a digital day/night optic, basically a ruggedized IR sensitive camera that picks up ambient moon/start light and works best with an IR illuminator. I’ve used it in different 5.56 rifles to take hogs out to 120yds at night. The picture quality at night is on par with Gen 2 nv and I’m comfortable telling a hog from a black bear out to 200yds with the IR illuminator. Not sure why it took me so long to try it out on my 300blk. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:57 PM, JMJ said:

10.5” 300blk with pistol length gas, YHM forend, poverty pony lower, Thordsen customs pistol buffer tube/cover/cheek saddle mount system, Gen 1 ATN x-sight. 0018EDAC-7071-4CBD-B34A-0015CE7B8BE3.thumb.jpeg.c1a47114a798ce061cb7365a7c834231.jpeg

Decided to flip some parts around on a couple rigs, switched the forend out on my 300blk pistol for the oem Bushmaster forend from my Predator. Picked up a KAK slim flash can for it to extend out the 12” FF tube. BCB09E24-1F9B-4B4F-89CA-07ED58CFB879.thumb.jpeg.f4e481dec7e45d5d4b36f2af7c0a8056.jpeg999F378F-2A3A-42F2-9119-DFC8F3CE858B.thumb.jpeg.60b0b5fa24b9324e607f128848c525c7.jpegBBF4C0D6-8516-4421-89F7-CD2B7ED46021.thumb.jpeg.48100095e25a6dd76ce617a180750b1f.jpeg0D7556DF-139D-4474-AD25-CFF1ABDF08EE.thumb.jpeg.3ad88f8509640bbbdfeeade735be9aae.jpeg

7 hours ago, sketch said:

Next up grade is the tennis 🎾  case and your gtg! 

🤔 

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Nice choice on the CAA SideSaddle Stock Adaptor - BATFE can't fuk with that one, with their attempted new "rules and laws" - because it's not a "brace" - those jackasses. 

I have a pile of those things.  :thumbup:

Thanks! That was a big reason I went with the buffer tube cover kit and stock saddle from Thordsen Customs, I built this originally in between the BATFELGBTQ’s first or second attempt at doing away with the Sig braces. I like that when using it improperly it feels pretty damn close to a SOPMOD or ACS stock. 

11 hours ago, sketch said:

Grey man tactics bro. Conceal in the open. 

I like the way you think!

So what’s the consensus here on the Law Tactical folding adapter?I’ve thought about it for this pistol lower, but I don’t get warm fuzzy feelings about the spacer that slips into the rear of the BCG. Definitely a chunk of change for something that I haven’t been able to check out in person around here. 

Edited by JMJ

16 hours ago, shooterrex said:

The folders work great.

I have used them on small frame and large frame. The only problem seems to come from some of the pistol caliber guns as there is a weight in the BCG where the extension goes.

Thanks, it’d likely only be for this pistol lower to go with the 300blk and 5.56 uppers. 

6 hours ago, sketch said:

I have one on a 308 and the hinge will pop you in the lip if not shouldered properly.  ( right handed and shortest lop) 

They work for me. 

Nice! So there’s finally a perk to shooting left hand 🤣

I have one on mine and it works fine with both supersonic and subsonic loads. Like you JMJ I had concerns about function with the added weight but my concerns turned out to be unfounded. It still makes no sense to me that it didn't cause problems.

Shooterrex, Yeah, I could see where if someone doesn't build their AR correctly and does the floating buttstock hold where it could be an issue.

1 hour ago, BrianK said:

I have one on mine and it works fine with both supersonic and subsonic loads. Like you JMJ I had concerns about function with the added weight but my concerns turned out to be unfounded. It still makes no sense to me that it didn't cause problems.

Shooterrex, Yeah, I could see where if someone doesn't build their AR correctly and does the floating buttstock hold where it could be an issue.

It wasn’t so much the added weight that caused me concern as it was the possibility of the extension falling out while folded and  me not noticing it was missing when needing using the gun. 

Edited by JMJ