6132expert

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought I would want one,but the ares sale got to me.
 so..took an old 223 changed out the rail and barrel....put the spacer in the stock so I can run a car spring and buffer...its a pistol length gas tube
..got some Beck 150 gr speer jsp rounds   2000fps muzzle energy 1332 16" barrel....so is this a good round for deer or hogs at 100 yds or under?

cant decide which optic to put on from another rifle....  Wash

300aac.jpg

Thanks brother....cant wait to shoot it....thinkin bout putting my vortex 1x4 on it for under 100 yd stuff    daaamn so many bullets to choose from !

Wash

Did the Leupold Mark AR 1-4 on my 16" 300BLK, and I love it.  Perfect for it.  You'll love it, wash.

Find something made by Barnes, in the TSX or TTSX variety, and you'll have a pig and deer slayer, brother.  Projo weight won't matter, with those things.

EDIT - Shiit!  It's a 1.5~4 scope...  This one:

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/mark-ar-riflescopes/mark-ar-mod-1-1-5-4x20mm/

P1000148_zps74c1b349.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

Did the Leupold Mark AR 1-4 on my 16" 300BLK, and I love it.  Perfect for it.  You'll love it, wash.

Find something made by Barnes, in the TSX or TTSX variety, and you'll have a pig and deer slayer, brother.  Projo weight won't matter, with those things.

EDIT - Shiit!  It's a 1.5~4 scope...  This one:

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/mark-ar-riflescopes/mark-ar-mod-1-1-5-4x20mm/

P1000148_zps74c1b349.jpg

I remember when you built that rifle ! 

I still like the magpul rifle stock .

Mighty fine looking weapon you put together there Wash! I almost bought one of those 300BLK barrels today but went with another 308 BCG instead.

Must...resist...a different caliber build...must...resist...lol

Thanks Mali    no more for me either...I resisted a couple of years or more on the 300,but crap when they almost give the barrel to you ...besides my buddy and me bout 7 or 9 years ago had the hots for p dog huntin...he bought the RR varmint wylde...oh yep were are gonna go he sez...he knows the folks to go to,his buddies went and had a blast...lets go!....so I build a .223 just like his RR...to this day we havnt gone and that rifle has cobwebs on it...so bam turned it into something light and usable...I hope   Wash

I'll tell ya what Wash, if I lived in an area that had pigs to hunt, and no I don't mean fat chics, I'd be all over it! Love me some BBQ pulled pork!!!

I'm serious, my dog gets all jazzed up when I return from a hunt because he knows he's got good eats coming his way. Just fed him some venison heart for dinner today.