• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Offical 300 BLK Picture Thread

6132expert

On 8/16/2017 at 11:19 AM, Alamo said:

Poppa Bear... Mama Bear... and Baby Bear.

In this picture you can see where I added the pressure switch and ran the coiled wire tucked under the red dot of "Baby Bear". It's secured to the upper using bits of industrial Velcro tape. I've shot it until it was almost too hot to hold and the tape seems to be holding up fine.

IMG_0149.JPG

Hi Al... Nice Family,....  Heres mine 

IMG_0259.JPG

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sketch said:

ya know if you build shits like this he will find more things to fix on you..?

Lol  daamn Sketch you always got the wheels turning...good for you brother....no crap we fed him tonite built him a rifle and he found a cyst in my tit....WTF   ???...Wash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SAI pistol with a LAW folder, HK 416 sights, BCM quad rail,VZ grip, Forward Control innards and some night eyes. Just getting into NV activities and my trusty M1A bush rifle was a bit long. 300 Blackout AR pistol seems to be just right for the application.

DSC04458.JPG

DSC04459.JPG

DSC04460.JPG

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Long story on this. I never intended to build it. I ordered a Desert Tech MDR in 300BLK, except when I ordered it years ago the only way to get it was to order it in either .308 or .223. So I bit the bullet and ordered it in .223. Years later it arrived and I waited patiently for the 300BLK conversion, and waited and waited and waited some more. I had everything fully paid up years before. Then I found out that they were allowing other retail outlets to the head of the line. That kinda pissed me off, so I canceled my order and only have the MDR in .223. That's not exactly what I wanted. But I still didn't have my .300BLK so I decided to build my own. This was during the lefts burning of Portland, Seattle, and such. But I found the parts I wanted and got it assembled. There is no comparison to the MDR. The MDR is an anchor and my build isn't. It's also shorter than the MDR bullpup. It was conceived and designed from day one with the idea of always having a can in place. If it's fired without something to get th eblast outside the handguard it'll self destruct, so it always wears an Amtac 7.62 CQB-M or a linear comp'. It has a 10.3" Ballistic Advantage barrel, and the can is something like 10" long, but since the can covers something like 6" of barrel the "barrel" is only made longer by 4" resulting in a relatively short handgun. Here it's seen with the linear comp in place. 

300-BLK-5-12-21-small.jpg

Here it's seen with a different (heavier) sight and the can in place. If you look closely through the slots in the handguard you can see where it ends. 

with-blade.jpg