Offical 300 BLK Picture Thread

6132expert

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might just have to take you up on that. I've got friends in Dallas & San Antonio. I'm a sucker for any excuse to hunt!

Already planning & prepping for a Washinton Mule deer / whitetail hunt in Oct. 

Wait a minute...I see what you're doing...pretty slick there fella...trying to get me to succumb to the allure of a 300BLK build...LMAO

Might just have to take you up on that. I've got friends in Dallas & San Antonio. I'm a sucker for any excuse to hunt!

Already planning & prepping for a Washinton Mule deer / whitetail hunt in Oct. 

Wait a minute...I see what you're doing...pretty slick there fella...trying to get me to succumb to the allure of a 300BLK build...LMAO

Not me ....lol  ive never even loaded up a mag of 300 Ha....Mali if you got friends in SA...damn thats where the action is...the Hill Country... me and Char are going to Rocksprings Tx in the Hill Country Nov6th for deer and hogs    hunting turkey emoticon      Wash

• 1 year later...

Just got enough of my 300BO "pistol" put together for pictures;

100_5487.JPG100_5489.JPG100_5488.JPG100_5490.JPG100_5492.JPG100_5493.JPG

Still mulling over optics choices, maybe a Nikon P300 or the PA 1-6 for the 300BO, and of course it needs a BUIS set. Waiting on a Nitride BCG from d. wilson, a flat wire spring from Tubbs that is set up for the 300BO, and of course still waiting to get one of the AAC SDN-6 out of jail.

A friend wanted to try some stuff with Cerakote so I got all the little detail work done for the cost of the materials. Matching the magazines trim color with the rifle in an effort to not mix up 5.56 and 300BO, hoping 4 mags will be enough as he lives in Tennessee and the bronze color is his own recipe. 

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Still mulling over optics choices, maybe a Nikon P300 or the PA 1-6 for the 300BO,

SWEET RIG, BROTHER!!!  HELL YES!!!

I did a Nikon P-300 2-7x on the Ruger American 16" bolt gun, and I really like it.  On the flip side, I've never found a bad thing to say about anything that PA puts out, and some of my future scopes will come from them.

Sorry for not helping you a damn bit...  :thumbup::lmao:

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

SWEET RIG, BROTHER!!!  HELL YES!!!

I did a Nikon P-300 2-7x on the Ruger American 16" bolt gun, and I really like it.  On the flip side, I've never found a bad thing to say about anything that PA puts out, and some of my future scopes will come from them.

Sorry for not helping you a damn bit...  :thumbup::lmao:

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-6x24mm-sfp-scope-w-acss-300blk-7-62x39-reticle-pa1-6x24sfp-acss-300bo

yup it's on my Christmas list

6 hours ago, washguy said:

Good lookin piece !   Hell yes !   wheres Mali? its been a year on this thread....wer'e supposed to go huntin....lol    

Wash

Dayum...we sure were. I'm heading north in 6 days for some whitetail hunting. I'll be at the cabin from the 13th to the 21st of November. Just picked up a Sig Sauer Kilo 2000 rangefinder for the trip :banana:

JT: really nice looking set up you made there :thumbup: I need to get into some cerekote myself. 

Jt  ive got some nikon m_308"s on my 308ar"s   they are not first focal plane.I think the m 300's are second focal planes too? the glass is clear  the reticle works great with having168gr bdc....set it at 100 and the bdc takes care of the rest...built like a tank too  after looking at the specs the m and p nikon 300 "s  use the nikon spot on technology not the bdc based on one kind of cartridge that the m_308's are using....these 300"s look like winners to me      Wash

Edited by washguy

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When the SJW mob shows up at my doorstep to take me off for re-education I'll say, "Sure thing, just let me get my guitar so we can all sing 'Kumbaya'".

Built from scratch using an Anderson lower I got on sale for $45. PSA complete upper with 8.5" barrel, Miculek muzzle brake, Magpul handstop, Ergo grip, Shockwave brace, JP anti walk pins and Rise Black trigger (best $80 spent on a trigger ever... compares very well with my Velocity drop in at about twice the price and JP at three times the price). It's got a Bass Pro brand "Pursuit" red dot w/ laser (performance has been good and it's fairly sturdy for the price). 

I set up the pressure switch for the laser on the left side behind the handstop, right where my thumb naturally rests. It's my bedside gun and  I have old/ bad eyes... if I have to get up in the middle of the night and can't put on my glasses, that laser setup will help me to no end.

IMG_0083.JPG

Poppa Bear... Mama Bear... and Baby Bear.

In this picture you can see where I added the pressure switch and ran the coiled wire tucked under the red dot of "Baby Bear". It's secured to the upper using bits of industrial Velcro tape. I've shot it until it was almost too hot to hold and the tape seems to be holding up fine.

IMG_0149.JPG