• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The 75tg anniversary of D Day (6/6/1944)

shepp

Few things I’ve run across that I’d like to share for tomorrow’s anniversary.

I saw this tonight and found it fitting

also I was able to see this plane mid restoration in 2017 at EAA Oshkosh it lead the invasion of Normandy 

IMG_0645

To the greatest generation, thank you for going into hell and back!!! 

Edited by shepp

It is hard to even imagine waiting for the landng craft to reach the beach. Then stepping out to a wall of lead coming from above in all the emplacements. The balls on those young men. If that invasion had failed the world could have been such a different place today. Truly the greatest generation.

My Dad was there,  my uncle as well,  my brother in law's Dad drove a landing craft.  My wife's boss was there,  a small fragile man, with a tiger hidden deep in his soul.  I'm crying again,  a small weep actually, teary eyed as I often get remembering.  Frank Murray got hit in the Ardennes,  a sweeter man you couldn't find.  Your Dad was there,  or your grandfather or perhaps a couple of uncles.  The guy down the block from me was there.  The gin mill I was raised in was full of these men singing songs together after a few 5 cent beers.  Regular guys who did incredible tasks.  Next time you are at the beach or a picnic look around you and know all of you folks are capable of greatness,  we are the progeny of greatness.  God Bless the WWII vets,  both here and above.  God Bless America.