• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Heart attacks

Ravenworks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to the oncology Doctor today, some of my blood work was elevated and they are concerned.

You know,I busted my ass since I was 13 years old and retired at 55 while still young enough to do more if I so chose.

I have no wants,owe no one except God. All I want for is to finish out my life close to my wife, have peace without pain.

As for the wife, I am the luckiest person ever. She was the first woman (not girl) I ever kissed.

She was 18 and I was 15 and lied about my age.That woman has been curling my toes since 1978.

If I can help someone along the way, all the better.

More bloodwork, have a bunch of radiology stuff comming.

My spleen is enlarged and this heart attack threw everything out of wack concerning my Non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

It's treatable but fresh from a heart attack is making my treatment a bitch.

We're gonna be good,I sure as shat shat didn't work all those years to not enjoy it.

Worst comes to worst  I could break bad.

29 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

More bloodwork, have a bunch of radiology stuff comming.

My spleen is enlarged and this heart attack threw everything out of wack concerning my Non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

It's treatable but fresh from a heart attack is making my treatment a bitch.

We're gonna be good,I sure as shat shat didn't work all those years to not enjoy it.

Worst comes to worst  I could break bad.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you brother. Want to see you well.

1 minute ago, Ravenworks said:

Well,good news is my bloodwork is starting to come back to normal.

I am almost back to normal for 90% of my panels.

Awesome News !   you're almost ready for your fav fried chicken dinner with fries of course !:banana:   Wash

I understand, as many of us do, that working your whole life and not getting to enjoy the retirement is unfortunate.  I had and have a couple of shocks to the system myself,  and I'm pulling for you to have a great time starting right now.  You have an audience right here of concerned friends ready to help pass the time and talk some stuff.  My blood work came in normal after 44 shots of radiation and it's Happy Time,  really.  I'm never going to be 19 again or drink until 5am and go to work at 6am.  UGH,  even the memories hurt,  but fuggit I gotta dance with the shoes I'm wearing.  Do you have any builds going on?  It seems a bunch of folks do on this site.  Just talking...

I see.  Energy will come on its own.  I got hit with a a-fib attack while visiting Philadelphia Pa.  I went from walking an easy 10 mile a day rate to 10 steps stop,  ten more stop. I'm going to do a 6.5 CM build shortly,  perhaps you'll follow along.  As soon as the 4th of July comes,  I'll get the barrel and start.  The boys have been breaking my chops about that 4th business.  I promised not to spend any money until then but I couldn't help myself.  I got the bug.  I'll do a picture slide show type thing.  Feel free to jump in on suggestion or assistance.  Thanks.  Getting well is the first order of business.  

2 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

Went in for assessment last week

Don't push it - just recover at your own pace.  There's always gonna be some doc somewhere  (not EyeDoc here) that's gonna give you a "timeline."  That's just a bunch of averages, and there's a high side and low side to every average, no other way it can be.  Recover at the pace of you.   Don't get in there and listen to one of them tell you that you need to be/should be here at here...   :thumbup: