• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wal-mart making BIG GUN CHANGES

I heard them all and read about them all today, so the links are out there.

Wal-mart will stop gun sales, unless those are "hunting long-guns or shotguns.

Wal-mart will stop selling handgun ammo and "short barrel rifle" ammo.  <<<   I'm serious, that was a headline today.  They will only sell hunting caliber long0gun hunting ammo, and shotgun shells.

Wal-mart doesn't want ANY CUSTOMERS open-carrying in the store (unless they are specifically allowed to by the police).  <<<  Kid you not on that one, either. 

I'll open carry here in this one until they ask me not to.  Then I'll pull my shirt down over it, to show them how stupid that policy is. 

You'd think, with the Wal-mart problems that have cropped up, they'd give everyone that open-carries a 5% discount at the register, just for having a gun on.  THAT would solve some problems, because apparently, fukbags think Wal-Mart is a soft target.  Turns out, it's creating it's own policies that are making it an even softer target.  Wouldn't you like to have someone in there open carrying, to BUY some handgun ammo?...  

They say they're not giving in to Anti-2A people, and they're saying that they support 2A.  They seem conflicted, and their CEO is a shiithead. 

Here's the latest article - the other ones are out there - everywhere, today.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-says-gun-sales-change-is-not-a-concession-to-second-amendment-foes

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locally, this is good news for Gun Pusher John - he's gonna stock up on the pictures I take tomorrow - then next week, then next week.  Just pick up what they drop here.

On another note, Wal-mart should worry more about what their "online partnerships" advertise, than what people walk into their store with... This was an old one, but it still makes the point...   They don't even know what's advertised as a link or a vendor, on their own website...  

483019277_WalMartNBrown.thumb.jpg.e037e4a4bc9b6568f262dca22cde3388.jpg

Press release from Walmart's website (emphasis in original):

McMillon to Associates: Our Next Steps in Response to the Tragedies in El Paso and Southaven

Dear Associates,

A month ago, in El Paso, Texas, a gunman with an assault-style rifle launched a hate-filled attack in our store, shooting 48 people resulting in the loss of 22 innocent lives. Just a few days prior, two of our associates were killed by another associate in our store in Southaven, Mississippi. And hours after the shooting in El Paso, our country experienced another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. This weekend brought tragedy to Midland and Odessa, Texas.

In Southaven and El Paso, our associates responded to anger and hate with courage and self-sacrifice. Our immediate priorities were supporting our associates and the impacted families and cooperating with law enforcement. In parallel, we have been focused on store safety and security. We’ve also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer. It’s clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable.

After visiting El Paso on Aug. 6, I mentioned that we would be thoughtful and deliberate in our responses. We’re ready to share our next steps.

We’ve been giving a lot of thought to our sale of firearms and ammunition. We’ve previously made decisions to stop selling handguns or military-style rifles such as the AR-15, to raise the age limit to purchase a firearm or ammunition to 21, to require a “green light” on a background check while federal law only requires the absence of a “red light,” to videotape the point of sale for firearms and to only allow certain trained associates to sell firearms.

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:

• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
  • We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
  • We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns.

We know these decisions will inconvenience some of our customers, and we hope they will understand. As a company, we experienced two horrific events in one week, and we will never be the same. Our remaining assortment will be even more focused on the needs of hunting and sport shooting enthusiasts. It will include long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel. We believe these actions will reduce our market share of ammunition from around 20% to a range of approximately 6 to 9%. We believe it will likely drift toward the lower end of that range, over time, given the combination of these changes.

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates. As it relates to concealed carry by customers with permits, there is no change to our policy or approach. This morning, we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We will treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks.

As an additional step, we commit we will work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our best practices. For example, we are exploring ways to share the technical specifications and compliance controls for our proprietary firearms sales technology platform. This system navigates the tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where the firearm is being sold and who is purchasing it. We hope that providing this information, free of charge, will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.

Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures. As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so. Our founder, Sam Walton, was an avid outdoorsman who had a passion for quail hunting, and we’re headquartered in a state known for its duck hunting and deer hunting. My family raised bird dogs when I was growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and I’m a gun owner myself. We understand that heritage, our deeply rooted place in America and our influence as the world’s largest retailer. And we understand the responsibility that comes with it. We want what’s best for our customers, our associates and our communities. In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again. The status quo is unacceptable.

Doug
Sept. 3, 2019

PDF of original attached.

Walmart Press Release re Firearms and Ammo.pdf

Now that that's been shared, here's the reality:

Walmart gives not one teeninsy sh¡t about firearms owners who will boycott their stores after these policy changes. It will not affect their bottom line. At. All. The presser clearly states they expect to go from 20% of the market in ammunition sales to 6-7% in the next couple of years. But that's not where they're making their money -- nor are firearms sales. Their money comes from groceries and all the other miscellaneous crap they sell.

Truth be told, as much as I'd love to stop shopping at Walmart altogether (for oh, so many reasons, not the least of which is their illegal and immoral labor practices...), the retail landscape in the town we live in simply won't allow for it. We have a couple of mom-and-pop grocery stores, a handful of clothing stores, and 2 or 3 hardware stores which are actually pretty well-stocked. But that's it. Further, our monthly budget (since I bought the wife her new Durango) won't allow us to buy groceries anywhere else. Nobody can beat Walmart's prices and, due to their market share and demands upon suppliers, there's no sense in trying -- more on that later, if anyone's interested.

9 minutes ago, COBrien said:

We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness.

This should have been highlighted as well, we all know this call for "debate" is a prelude to more divide and conquer politics by the establishment. Bizzare thing this drive to disarm as a response to armed scum, in way back history giving up your arms was the prelude to slavery. 

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

This should have been highlighted as well, we all know this call for "debate" is a prelude to more divide and conquer politics by the establishment. Bizzare thing this drive to disarm as a response to armed scum, in way back history giving up your arms was the prelude to slavery. 

I don't disagree -- I just presented the original press release, as it was published on Walmart's website. Doug McMillan obviously didn't want to call attention to that particular point...

I should have thrown these in with my other post, above. These are the signs Walmart will begin distributing to their stores "in the coming weeks."

walmart-gunpolicy-new-final.jpg

Note the comment about "selling-through" .300 BO, 7.62x39, and .224 Valkyrie. They won't be restocking those calibers (as well as .223/5.56), once they've sold everything they have already committed to purchasing.

walmart-gunpolicy-opencarry-new-final.jpg

Edited by COBrien

Ryan Cleckner NAILED IT TODAY on Fox News, about this BS. 

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6083467670001/#sp=show-clips

Now Kroger has done it  - which owns Fry's grocery stores, and where I shop for food here.  We'll see how long it takes Fry's to get on board with this, with signs.

I've had cashier's at Fry's THANK ME for carrying, openly, in the past.  Small town, in the southwest - they appreciate it.

I mentioned it at the top part of this page - if every single patron inside that establishment was legally conducting open-carry - how many fukheads would think that they can "take that store" and shoot people in there?!...  Wal-mart, Kroger, and these other companies jumping on this bandwagon, are only creating another "soft target" in the minds of those that are mentally-fucked.  It's another Gun Free Zone, just not one that's Govt mandated - it's retailer-mandated.  They have that right, too. 

But, my question is - if they're creating a LARGER MARKET for this Gun Free Zone crap...   Then, WHO in Wal-mart and Kroger's is going to protect me?...  If you strip me of the right to protect myself, then you MUST ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY to protect me, while in your establishment.  Especially, since you've just now created yourselves as a "bigger target" to the whackos. 

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, COBrien said:

but don't advertise it because it makes people nervous."

Those are the pansies and candy-asses that need to see an open carry gun on every person, everywhere they go.  This "sensitive" and "feelings" shiit isn't what this country was founded on.  Imagine some shiit like that, the night before 19 April, 1775...

Those "sensitive" and "feelings" people need to know that they just can't complain about shiit that they don't like, and it changes the entire country. That just "validates" them, in their minds, and they'll do it with everything that they get the chance at - complain, get a lower repair bill, complain and threaten your "Yelp Status" - get a lower bill, or free, no-charge.  The fucking e-whiners are already embedded in society, and they're easy to spot in online reviews.  Companies need to stand up to them.  There are some real companies out there that still tell them, "Tough luck, we don't operate our business that way - find another vendor..."

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Those are the pansies and candy-asses that need to see an open carry gun on every person, everywhere they go.  This "sensitive" and "feelings" shiit isn't what this country was founded on.  Imagine some shiit like that, the night before 19 April, 1775...

Those "sensitive" and "feelings" people need to know that they just can't complain about shiit that they don't like, and it changes the entire country. That just "validates" them, in their minds, and they'll do it with everything that they get the chance at - complain, get a lower repair bill, complain and threaten your "Yelp Status" - get a lower bill, or free, no-charge.  The fucking e-whiners are already embedded in society, and they're easy to spot in online reviews.  Companies need to stand up to them.  There are some real companies out there that still tell them, "Tough luck, we don't operate our business that way - find another vendor..."

Agreed. 

Well, I'm all for a business making their own rules. However making rules like these directly turn me off. I know Walmart won't miss my business one tiny bit, but I absolutely won't be back to my local store. Our location is the one that made national news last year or the year before (time flys) because the local news crew was reporting on a string of muggings there, when in the background (on live TV) a lady got robbed. They now have 3 Police Dept "towers" in the parking lot with cameras pointing all around and one Officer monitors them at all times. Officer, not security guard.

I worked as a retail store manager in our local mall until we had a Brinks guy get killed in front of my store. The mall corporate (CBS properties) sent out a memo to all managers that we were not allowed to carry weapons of any kind for protection afterwards. I left that job the following week. 

^^^   That's the kind of mentality that doesn't make any damn sense to me.  If they ENCOURAGED customers and workers to carry, these problems wouldn't exist. It's like adopting the opposite of "Gun Free Zone." Turn it the other way - and all the sudden, your store, business, chain - isn't a target for a shiithead anymore... 

Thats exactly why I think Wal-mart should adopt a NEW policy, like I said before - If you're open-carrying, you get 5% off at the register, and personally "Thanked" by the register operator, the Greeter at the door, and every other employee that sees you carrying.  THAT would turn their sudden "target-status" around. 

I don't know what it is with these fuckers lately, and why they think then need to shoot up a fucking Wal-mart.  I'm betting that there's some fucked up shiit on 4Chan or 8Chan, or whatever that shiit is, pushing this...

@98Z5V I believe it's a copycat type thing with the majority of these folks. I'm not suggesting that anyone turn a blind eye to it, but when it's plastered all over the news and every Google home screen, and just in your face constantly, it makes the folks that may be on the verge decide to jump on in. I do believe it's a media agenda, I do believe they know exactly what they invite with their fanatical coverage of it. It just sucks. 

1 minute ago, Peachey said:

@98Z5V I believe it's a copycat type thing with the majority of these folks. I'm not suggesting that anyone turn a blind eye to it, but when it's plastered all over the news and every Google home screen, and just in your face constantly, it makes the folks that may be on the verge decide to jump on in. I do believe it's a media agenda, I do believe they know exactly what they invite with their fanatical coverage of it. It just sucks. 

I'm with you on that - I think the exact same thing. The more the news "sensationalizes" it - the more the next fukwad wants to "do it bigger..." 

100% and then some, on that mentality - it's real, and it's happening... The only common connection between all these shooters - it ain't the damn gun (pistol/rifle/knife/hammer/whatever) - they're fucked up in the head, either permanently, or temporarily, and they just snap...

Walgreens drug stores is the lastest place to unfold their gun policies - they don't want open carry in their stores. Fucking Lemmings of a cliff, I don't even get it.  Social-media-caving, is wht they're doing.

Liberals are winning, people  - they're controlling the 2A right now...

@WestGaDad yep, I gotcha babe. We'll see how it goes, and maybe make a habit of it. 

@98Z5V I didn't even consider pharmacies!! Of course we don't have any regular prescriptions to deal with (yet) regardless, but still.

I'm afraid as usual I don't have any wise words to fix these problems with the world's mentality. They are winning, and I'm baffled on how to stop them. Vote, pray, and teach I guess?!?

It won't stop with guns either, I don't think anyhow.