• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wal-mart making BIG GUN CHANGES

Get everyone you know, around the campfire, interested in an Appleseed Shoot... I kid you not.  It teaches marksmanship, of course - but it teaches the history of this country, from the beginning...

Find one near you - I very highly encourage this, to everyone, I kid you not...

https://appleseedinfo.org/

Here's where you find shoots in your state:

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/

Here's the GA Shoot Schedule, coming up:

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=GA&state=Georgia

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@98Z5V oh yeah we love the Appleseed program! Been to two of them. The RWVA is a amazing group of people. The Sunday morning "class" is my favorite part by far! I learned more about Lexington and Concord and what really went down from those few hours than I even came close to in 12yrs of public school. I still have my little orange chamber flag, we make our daughter use it in her Marlin 60.

4 minutes ago, Peachey said:

@98Z5V oh yeah we love the Appleseed program! Been to two of them. The RWVA is a amazing group of people. The Sunday morning "class" is my favorite part by far! I learned more about Lexington and Concord and what really went down from those few hours than I even came close to in 12yrs of public school. I still have my little orange chamber flag, we make our daughter use it in her Marlin 60.

YOU.TWO. ROCK.  I started as an Instructor with Appleseed in 2012.  That IS the grassroots program to wake up gun owners in America.  Drag as many friends as you have to one, even if you have to loan them a rifle on the firing line.  I can't preach Appleseed enough - and THANK YOU TWO, for hitting it.  So many people don't get it - but they would if they went to one...  :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Peachey said:

@98Z5V I believe it's a copycat type thing with the majority of these folks. I'm not suggesting that anyone turn a blind eye to it, but when it's plastered all over the news and every Google home screen, and just in your face constantly, it makes the folks that may be on the verge decide to jump on in. I do believe it's a media agenda, I do believe they know exactly what they invite with their fanatical coverage of it. It just sucks. 

If it bleeds it leads !!!

18 hours ago, WestGaDad said:

@Peachey We talked earlier about this. I really want you to do next week's essential shopping at only mom and pops. See what the price difference is. I hate Walmart Kroger and the rest anyhow. I know the farmers table won't care about your pistol. They care about the customer most.

Could not agree more. Plus, the WalMarts  and Walgreen’s don’t contribute to kids athletic teams, kid’s fishing tournaments, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc. Your local business people do and give back to the community in so many ways.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Peachey said:

@98Z5V I believe it's a copycat type thing with the majority of these folks. I'm not suggesting that anyone turn a blind eye to it, but when it's plastered all over the news and every Google home screen, and just in your face constantly, it makes the folks that may be on the verge decide to jump on in. I do believe it's a media agenda, I do believe they know exactly what they invite with their fanatical coverage of it. It just sucks. 

I have been saying this for several years now! As far as I'm concerned, the mainstream media has blood on it's hands too because of their sensationalizing this shiit!

Went to the WallyWorld superstore in the old neighborhood and picked up a couple boxes of rifle ammo. They started their price drop ! $9.97 for 20 rds instead of $13.97 

Talked to the lady who runs the department. She said " They will have the sale price untill it's all gone " Also stated WalMart will keep hunting rifle ammo and shotgun ammo. All handgun and MSR ammo will be gone. 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, 98Z5V said:

Ryan Cleckner NAILED IT TODAY on Fox News, about this BS. 

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6083467670001/#sp=show-clips

Now Kroger has done it  - which owns Fry's grocery stores, and where I shop for food here.  We'll see how long it takes Fry's to get on board with this, with signs.

I've had cashier's at Fry's THANK ME for carrying, openly, in the past.  Small town, in the southwest - they appreciate it.

I mentioned it at the top part of this page - if every single patron inside that establishment was legally conducting open-carry - how many fukheads would think that they can "take that store" and shoot people in there?!...  Wal-mart, Kroger, and these other companies jumping on this bandwagon, are only creating another "soft target" in the minds of those that are mentally-fucked.  It's another Gun Free Zone, just not one that's Govt mandated - it's retailer-mandated.  They have that right, too. 

But, my question is - if they're creating a LARGER MARKET for this Gun Free Zone crap...   Then, WHO in Wal-mart and Kroger's is going to protect me?...  If you strip me of the right to protect myself, then you MUST ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY to protect me, while in your establishment.  Especially, since you've just now created yourselves as a "bigger target" to the whackos. 

exactly so I hate walmart anyway but I am going to draw up a contract that states since I can no longer protect my self in your store you need to sign this and be responsible for my safety as long as I am shopping here and present it to the manager...I am curious to what kind of reaction I get after that they are just more no fly zones eff em.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Went to the WallyWorld superstore in the old neighborhood and picked up a couple boxes of rifle ammo. They started their price drop ! $9.97 for 20 rds instead of $13.97 

Talked to the lady who runs the department. She said " They will have the sale price untill it's all gone " Also stated WalMart will keep hunting rifle ammo and shotgun ammo. All handgun and MSR ammo will be gone. 

Ours hasn’t dropped their prices at all.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:15 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'll open carry here in this one until they ask me not to.  Then I'll pull my shirt down over it, to show them how stupid that policy is. 

Thank you for this Sir. I know how you feel; and I would never rifle carry in a Wal-Mart for Fun. We all need to hang on tight these days it seems...

If I look at voters in my county that did not vote for trump I see 12,000 voters, figure at least 6,000 households. At even $100 a week for groceries that is $600,000 a WEEK, and around 31.2 million bucks a year. Yea they would feel the burn if those 6,000 house holds told them to pound sand like ours did. To me and my wife it is about the CEO statement far more than stopping the sales of some sku. As far as immoral employer practices, how can they force free people to work there ?? Short answer is they can’t, so if you stay working there it’s on you. The free market sets the value of your work but only if your welcome to use your feet to get paid better. I can choose to shop stores which are non union. They so far beat Walmart as far as having things in stock and price. Walmart stopped price matching via their savings catcher app.

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Not around here. All those mentioned provided good jobs with benefits. While small shops still flourished.

For generations they provided an end run around retail, plus ran retail stores too, more than one had their own rebranded guns cheaper at retail than any gun store's wholesale price typically. 

Smaller business can still do well if they provide service, but most of them "can order it for you"....well hell I can order it for me, and be sure the proper thing was ordered ;-).

Many of our small business drive to sams club to buy supplies rather than use the restaurant suppliers. Business is business.

Get politically active with the profits in a way that kills my freedoms, and I will stop shopping with you if you are big or small.

Bill

• 3 months later...

Walmart drove em all out here, Sears was the last to go just a few months ago.   For the most part Walmart is now "last man standing".  Couple of days ago I met my brother for lunch and he said he stopped by Walmart to pick up a few last minute Christmas gifts and there weren't any parking spots left unless you wanted to wait for someone to leave!

The new game in town are Dollar General, those stores are cropping up all over the place in these parts, one just opened less than 2 miles to the West of my place and I already have one two miles to the East.

Another newcomer is Rural King, they are doing it right, biggest gun store in the area now with the cheapest prices, and the wife can shop for clothes and dog food while she's waiting.

I'm NOT a fan of Walmart in any sense of the word and if they needed any of my money to stay in business they'd be in big trouble.  I go there more for entertainment than anything else, but they ruined spandex for me after to many seeing shoppers that had backsides wider than the shopping cart they were pushing wearing it!....LOL....

On 9/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, willbird said:

I can choose to shop stores which are non union. They so far beat Walmart as far as having things in stock and price. Walmart stopped price matching via their savings catcher app.

Walmart isn't a union store. In fact, if more than 2 of their employees are congregating in a location, management has a duty to break them up. Any attempt at unionization or collectivization results in mass firings. They simply won't have it.