• Visit Sportsmans Guide

hello from AZ

desertdust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, desertdust said:

any of you ever get that funny feeling , you may have gotten over your head in something?

all this "canned chicken" talk  has me concerned. ,  and the fact  some one promotes  it!!!!

all I asked for was some info on .308,   now were  talking canned chicken, 

I may rethink my  entry into this group  of    degenerates,   

then again.,.....   I've never been one to shy away from  a fight, or a good  laugh.

so ,I'll just  wait ,and see how deep into  this I get suckered into !

Just now, 98Z5V said:

Yeah.  You're screwed.  And it's too late for you already - you're here, made your intro, nobody is pissed off at you...   So you're STUCK here...   :laffs::banana:

Welcome to the NutHouse...  :thumbup:

He’s right one day it’s what size buffer spring do I need next day it’s pants down hugs in a super secret dessert location

11 minutes ago, desertdust said:

any of you ever get that funny feeling , you may have gotten over your head in something?

all this "canned chicken" talk  has me concerned. ,  and the fact  some one promotes  it!!!!

all I asked for was some info on .308,   now were  talking canned chicken, 

I may rethink my  entry into this group  of    degenerates,   

then again.,.....   I've never been one to shy away from  a fight, or a good  laugh.

so ,I'll just  wait ,and see how deep into  this I get suckered into !

Dude,

I drove across the border into a foreign country to meet internet strangers with guns in the middle of the desert ... somewhere in the background The Eagles Hotel California can be heard

34 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Dude,

I drove across the border into a foreign country to meet internet strangers with guns in the middle of the desert ... somewhere in the background The Eagles Hotel California can be heard

Truth is so much stranger than fiction when it's time to describe the experience...

41 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Truth is so much stranger than fiction when it's time to describe the experience...

Isn't that the truth, trying to describe my adventure,especially to non gun folks, seems to be kinda like describing colour to a blind man. They politely nod their heads but you know they can't relate or even understand. 

On 10/21/2019 at 5:00 PM, blue109 said:

I had a similar epiphany about my 5.56 guns last weekend on my first visit to the 1k yard club. New builds are on the drawing board. 

Hey brother - I don't feel guilty about this at all, since we later (after your post here) completely trashed @desertdust's intro thread...   :laffs:

Don't change any of your bitchin' 5.56 guns yet.  Hear me out...

You and I are so close together...  lemme know when you have a weekend, or even a Saturday or Sunday...  I'll set the shiit out there at 850-and-beyond.  My point is...

Let's TEST some different calibers and whatever...  that's already here in the arsenal.  Don't change anything on yours yet.  Let's go experiment. I have the calibers, or what-not.  You can literally let me know on a Saturday, that you wanna come over here and blast up "xx" whatever - We can roll on Sunday early and do it, and still get you back home in time for dinner...  :thumbup:

Before you change up anything on those guns - let's shoot more at distance, and figure out what to change, and why...  Surprisingly, it might just be an ammo change.  Weather for us changed - I'll shoot EVERY weekend, man, now that it's decent out there. 

I work 9~1 on Saturdays (but can get out of work) and I never work on Sundays.  My time is easy, brother.

Edited by 98Z5V

^^^  THAT GUY...   was bangin steel out of sheer Conviction of Character.  It can be no other way.  He "guided" the bullets into the targets, through a combination of skill, manly presence, and sheer will-power.  I think he did some Angelina-Jolie shiit and CURVED those bullets into the targets...

Oh, on the "Conviction of Character..."  Disclaimer...  Just because you ARE a character, doesn't mean that you HAVE character... 

(That's not you Ron...  :thumbup:  Oh, do you HAVE some character, fucker...  :lmao:)

You guys really need to look into the 224Valkyrie , I just bought the reloading dies ,trim dies last weekend and bought Hornady 75 gr tipped & 80vr ELD Match projectiles this week. Picked up a pound of Varget and CFE-223. This setup will be less expensive than the 6.5G to shoot. Just need to cerakote the upper and lower and reassemble my gun again. All you need for this cartridge is a barrel (224V) , bolt(6.8spc) and a magazine (6.8spc), it's all AR15 based. Ammo is $13.99 to $23.99 per box of 20. And 223 projectiles are $20 per 100.

hey, my "hello"  thread, has turned into a  brawl, ??

seems fair to me,   after all what are friends for,  heck I loan out the wife all the time, so  whats the big deal?

OH,, maybe I shouldn't  have mentioned the wife bit,  cause if there was ever a prude............ that'd be her.

( I'm safe, as she  would never read this forum)

actually  seeing  the direction this has gone,  makes me feel right a home,  as at my age, I start one thing...

and before long  I have no clue as to what I was doing, then .. or now!

so..... carry on, and  enjoy! 

3 hours ago, desertdust said:

seems fair to me,   after all what are friends for,  heck I loan out the wife all the time, so  whats the big deal?

OH,, maybe I shouldn't  have mentioned the wife bit,  cause if there was ever a prude............ that'd be her.

actually  seeing  the direction this has gone,  makes me feel right a home,  as at my age, I start one thing...

Give it a page or two we’ll bring it back 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, desertdust said:

This is just normal for around here, If a thread lasts more than 3 or 4 comments then it will have a 98% chance of getting derailed!:lmao:

Well schit, looking back it seems I may have been the one that knocked this train off the tracks! FUK!😝:banana:

Edited by 392heminut