hello from AZ

desertdust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm  out of town , on rte 66 ,  (BOONIES)  and can ,and do, shoot from my patio.

I have 500yrd, and 1000yrd  targets  set out,  and  was having  fun until  my neighbor ( 1mi away) stopped by 

and we did some shooting with  his 6.5 creedmoor.  thats when I determined my  .223  wasn't  going to cut it,

at 1000 yrs, he could ding the target 9 out 10 times,  and I could ding it 1 out of 10 LOL ( lucky shot)

7 minutes ago, desertdust said:

I'm  out of town , on rte 66 ,  (BOONIES)  and can ,and do, shoot from my patio.

I have 500yrd, and 1000yrd  targets  set out,  and  was having  fun until  my neighbor ( 1mi away) stopped by 

and we did some shooting with  his 6.5 creedmoor.  thats when I determined my  .223  wasn't  going to cut it,

at 1000 yrs, he could ding the target 9 out 10 times,  and I could ding it 1 out of 10 LOL ( lucky shot)

That is absolutely cool.  Most of us would love to have the ability to shoot at distances like that without traveling to a range.  A 223 hitting at 1000 yds is a great shot, even 1 out of 10.

3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Welcome from New Mexico!

(we had another guy from New Mexico here at one time but he ate a canned chicken and we haven't heard from him since1 No schit!)😲:laffs:

First time I heard of canned chicken was on this site and kinda thought it was some sort of inside joke as I didn't think such a thing existed... then i saw my first canned chicken( from a safe distance)

On 10/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, desertdust said:

I’m growing more and more envious of you, porch shooting is my dream 

welcome again 

For those that are unaware...   I keep a Sweet Sue Canned Chicken in my camper.  That canned chicken has been to the last 4 shoots (Fall and Spring), so 2 years now.  If anyone ever feels froggy during one of the shoots...    I'm just sayin'...  :banana:

any of you ever get that funny feeling , you may have gotten over your head in something?

all this "canned chicken" talk  has me concerned. ,  and the fact  some one promotes  it!!!!

all I asked for was some info on .308,   now were  talking canned chicken, 

I may rethink my  entry into this group  of    degenerates,   

then again.,.....   I've never been one to shy away from  a fight, or a good  laugh.

so ,I'll just  wait ,and see how deep into  this I get suckered into !