• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Alaska

Cakey

Hello all, I'm here specifically because I want to build my first AR 308 and am looking for a knowledgeable groupe of people to help fill in the many gaps in my internet education. I reload, own rifles, pistols and revolvers but no AR pattern rifles. That needs to change. I've shot AR's before but never own one. And I think the best way to learn about something is to jump in and make it happen. I designed my custom rifle and made many mistakes but I love her all the same. Anyways I'm looking to mitigate the errors of the past by listing to the input of those wiser than I. So i will be posting my build idea soon. 

26 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Hello all, I'm here specifically because I want to build my first AR 308 and am looking for a knowledgeable groupe of people to help fill in the many gaps in my internet education. I reload, own rifles, pistols and revolvers but no AR pattern rifles. That needs to change. I've shot AR's before but never own one. And I think the best way to learn about something is to jump in and make it happen. I designed my custom rifle and made many mistakes but I love her all the same. Anyways I'm looking to mitigate the errors of the past by listing to the input of those wiser than I. So i will be posting my build idea soon. 

Welcome to the forum.  Ask lots of questions before buying parts.  This group will not save you money, but they can stop you from buying parts that won't work together.

17 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Welcome to the forum.  Ask lots of questions before buying parts.  This group will not save you money, but they can stop you from buying parts that won't work together.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. I just submitted my build for critique