• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Power tool recommendation

blue109

On 4/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, blue109 said:

Dude....the ONLY place I brought this up is this board. I havnt searched any product. This discussion here with these couple posts is the ONLY time ive mentioned tools at all

And this just popped up on facebook

Screenshot_2020-04-18-12-40-20.png

I have THIS impact gun, brother.  It's my go-to for heavy shiit, daily.  And I mean every single day, too.  I thought it was badass with the 4.0 Amp battery in it, but it's a BEAST with the 6.0 Amp battery...  :hail:

9 hours ago, blue109 said:

Been looking around. Price wise dewalt seems to be a bit cheaper with equally good reviews. Ace has a deal for the 2 pack 20v drill/impact driver with 2 batteries for $199, and you get a freebie tool with it (angle grinder, Rsaw, or circ saw) still looking but that seems pretty good. 

Check their warranty - both on the tool, and the battery. If it's not 5 years on the tool, and 3 years on the battery - then go Milwaukee.  Snap-On doesn't even have those warranties on battery-powered tools, unless they changed something recently (and dropped 200% in price).  

Dewalt is only 3 year on the warranty, but I can get 3 tools with similar power/rating for a little more than any single milwaukee tool.   Still poking around though and looking for a good priced package. this corona schedule has me sitting around at home finding stuff to spend money on. 

3 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I'll see your 6 and raise you 9

m9.jpg

That's the 18v batts, brother - I was talking about the 12v batts.  However, I do have three of the 18v 9s, and one 12 Amp...   Whatchu got for that?...  :popcorn: It was on the chainsaw, and you saw it run, so you know it's real...    :laffs:

9 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I have an old Rigid set that has a lifetime warranty even on the batteries and chargers. New everything now is smaller lighter. 

Some guys I worked with got that too I was not impressed, I don’t even think they’re In the game anymore. I know HD doesn’t have them anymore 

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's the 18v batts, brother - I was talking about the 12v batts.  However, I do have three of the 18v 9s, and one 12 Amp...   Whatchu got for that?...  :popcorn: It was on the chainsaw, and you saw it run, so you know it's real...    :laffs:

Guy I work with just went from makita 18 to Milwaukee 12v gotta say the 12 is killing it for what we do, I’d probably want 18 to tear down a compressor 

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Battery was so beefy I didn't notice I was looking at a 12V :soap:, all I run in 12 is a screwdriver and a small sawzall to get into tight spaces.

I've got all DeWalt stuff and love it! Recip saw, drill, 1/2" impact, shop radio and the stuff just works! I keep that impact under the back seat of my truck with two batteries. It's great for changing a flat tire on the side of the road, hellofa lot better that a lug wrench and it has never failed to break a lug nut loose!