• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

“What you watching”

shepp

On 5/31/2023 at 7:21 AM, Magwa said:

on Amazon Prime got a free month watched Reacher was epic now watching a western with Emily Blunt called The English is is awesome.....

Watch the terminal list and Jack Ryan both make reacher look like fast and the furious 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/31/2023 at 10:08 PM, 98Z5V said:

Reacher is a badass series -fukkin' LOVED IT!  They say there will be more, and I hope so.  That is one giant bastard in that flick.  Fukin' monster. 

Meh he’s not that big 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 5/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, 98Z5V said:

Wait you won’t owe a smart phone but you’re posting links to Chinese spywear?!? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE SILVERBACK!

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Wait you won’t owe a smart phone but you’re posting links to Chinese spywear?!? WHO THE fornicate ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE SILVERBACK!

:lmao:  Computer, internet, spyware protection, anti-virus protection, secured connection through a VPN...  What's to worry about?...   :popcorn::laffs:

I wouldn't hit that shiit on a smart phone in no way whatsoever...   THAT THING is the crutch...  :bitchslap:

On 5/31/2023 at 10:39 PM, 98Z5V said:

:lmao:  Computer, internet, spyware protection, anti-virus protection, secured connection through a VPN...  What's to worry about?...   :popcorn::laffs:

I wouldn't hit that shiit on a smart phone in no way whatsoever...   THAT THING is the crutch...  :bitchslap:

yea I got a VPN too still chicom softwear duck that noise

2 hours ago, shepp said:

She’s a big girl but she can dance! 

I love the C-17.  It's the most perfectly designed heavy lift aircraft ever developed, and they developed it with jumping out of it - foremost.  Paratroopers.  The way the body tapers at the back of the main fuselage, and the paratroop door positions designed with a 45* backsweep...   It's the sweetest aircraft to jump out of from a door position.  Very low turbulence, you fall right into the slipstreap of the airframe, and it's an amazing jump.

Static lines on military parachutes are 15 feet long.  For the C-17, 15 ft wasn't enough, and they had to design a quick-to-rig 5 foot extension, if you were jumping the 17.  I was part of the initial tests of this "static line extension" and went TDY to Airborne Test Force at Yuma Proving Grounds to run this system. Everybody that was selected was a Master Parachutist, and a current/qualified SOF Static Line Jumpmaster.  Hell, everyone that went was a current unit Jumpmaster Instructor, that's what we did, and who we sent.  We went through the class of the conversion, got into the planes, went up - fucking CAMERAS EVERYWHERE...   They had their own Jumpmasters putting us out, and I was the door jumper on the first jump...   Jumpmaster, right before the green light, yells at me, "If you eat a D-Bag, make sure you let the DZSO know when you touch down!!!..."   :lmao:   Fuckin' asswhole...  :thefinger:

D-Bags are the Deployment Bags that house the parachute, and get yanked out of the parachute pack tray when you get to the end of the static line - after leaving the aircraft.  The DZSO is the Drop Zone Safety Officer - the dude that actually controls and runs the Drop Zone, from the ground.  

Right before that green light came on, I yelled back, "If I eat a D-Bag, I'm pretty sure the DZSO is gonna see the thread stitching marks in my fucking FACE!!!..."  

GO!!!  

Best exit, and softest landing I ever had...   :banana:

Paratroopers LOVE them some C-17 action...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 6/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, 98Z5V said:

I love the C-17.  It's the most perfectly designed heavy lift aircraft ever developed, and they developed it with jumping out of it - foremost.  Paratroopers.  The way the body tapers at the back of the main fuselage, and the paratroop door positions designed with a 45* backsweep...   It's the sweetest aircraft to jump out of from a door position.  Very low turbulence, you fall right into the slipstreap of the airframe, and it's an amazing jump.

Static lines on military parachutes are 15 feet long.  For the C-17, 15 ft wasn't enough, and they had to design a quick-to-rig 5 foot extension, if you were jumping the 17.  I was part of the initial tests of this "static line extension" and went TDY to Airborne Test Force at Yuma Proving Grounds to run this system. Everybody that was selected was a Master Parachutist, and a current/qualified SOF Static Line Jumpmaster.  Hell, everyone that went was a current unit Jumpmaster Instructor, that's what we did, and who we sent.  We went through the class of the conversion, got into the planes, went up - fucking CAMERAS EVERYWHERE...   They had their own Jumpmasters putting us out, and I was the door jumper on the first jump...   Jumpmaster, right before the green light, yells at me, "If you eat a D-Bag, make sure you let the DZSO know when you touch down!!!..."   :lmao:   Fuckin' asswhole...  :thefinger:

D-Bags are the Deployment Bags that house the parachute, and get yanked out of the parachute pack tray when you get to the end of the static line - after leaving the aircraft.  The DZSO is the Drop Zone Safety Officer - the dude that actually controls and runs the Drop Zone, from the ground.  

Right before that green light came on, I yelled back, "If I eat a D-Bag, I'm pretty sure the DZSO is gonna see the thread stitching marks in my fucking FACE!!!..."  

GO!!!  

Best exit, and softest landing I ever had...   :banana:

Paratroopers LOVE them some C-17 action...   :hail:

friend of mine in highschool is on a flight crew for them outta San Antonio. 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

She’s a big girl but she can dance! 

That second video is awesome.  You can tilt, pan and rotate 360 within the video.  You can look at the sky, ground, crew or scenery: forward or backwards. 

I was moving my phone around a little while watching and the view was changing.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

I'd rather have a C-130 with @Rsquared flying it, but I'll say - that is one badass aircraft.  :hail:

EDIT - I wish Ron knew how to fly C-17s.  We'd be unstoppable.  C-130s get the job done quite well, though.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

On 6/4/2023 at 11:28 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'd rather have a C-130 with @Rsquared flying it, but I'll say - that is one badass aircraft.  :hail:

EDIT - I wish Ron knew how to fly C-17s.  We'd be unstoppable.  C-130s get the job done quite well, though.  :thumbup:

If Larry and Jay come along on missions, Ron won't have any choice, he'll HAVE to learn C-17s. Ain't no way we can shoehorn both of those fellas into a 130, even with Crisco.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:18 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

Largest plane built by the US in WW2 , four ended up becoming water bombers in BC

Martin_Mars-2290788.jpg

This was at EAA in 2016 iirc I wish I coulda seen it, flying boats and float planes are some of my favorite aircraft

7 hours ago, shepp said:

This was at EAA in 2016 iirc I wish I coulda seen it, flying boats and float planes are some of my favorite aircraft

If your ever up at Sault Ste Marie on the Canadian side, they have a Seaplane museum that is really cool.

23 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

If Larry and Jay come along on missions, Ron won't have any choice, he'll HAVE to learn C-17s. Ain't no way we can shoehorn both of those fellas into a 130, even with Crisco.

C-130s are pretty versatile, pretty sure we can add a giant roof rack and strap the guys to the outside :popcorn:

@shepp if you're ever out on the west coast I recommend float plane ride from Vancouver over the Gulf of Georgia to Vancouver Island. High enough to see lots  but low enough to make out details. 

On 6/5/2023 at 10:42 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

C-130s are pretty versatile, pretty sure we can add a giant roof rack and strap the guys to the outside :popcorn:

@shepp if you're ever out on the west coast I recommend float plane ride from Vancouver over the Gulf of Georgia to Vancouver Island. High enough to see lots  but low enough to make out details. 

Sounds awesome! Bush plane flight is on my bucket list too