shepp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, blue109 said:

BattleBots is 100% cooler than MMA. If you disagree, let's put a UFC fighter in the ring with one and see who wins. 

I like them both in their aspects. 

I just finish the bounty hunter season now watching season 6

• 3 weeks later...

I think I might start wheel of time. I just binged Picard. I'm not a huge trek fan, and I had no intention of watching this series, but I gave it a shot and it was actually pretty good. Ran through the first season in 2 nights. 

The expanse ended awesome. Probably my favorite sci-fi show. Raised by wolves is still going strong in season 2. Looking forward to Halo. Previews looked cool. 

Edited by blue109

On 2/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, blue109 said:

I think I might start wheel of time. I just binged Picard. I'm not a huge trek fan, and I had no intention of watching this series, but I gave it a shot and it was actually pretty good. Ran through the first season in 2 nights. 

The expanse ended awesome. Probably my favorite sci-fi show. Raised by wolves is still going strong in season 2. Looking forward to Halo. Previews looked cool. 

The center of uranus who did Picard (along with all the newer ST movies/shows) fukkkked the Star Trek franchise big time for those who were fans and in to it (like me).

Wheel of Time is good.  The books are more informative to what is happening.

Expanse......awesome TV watching.  The books are even better, I hear.  Never heard of it before we started watching 1.5 years ago.

6 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

The center of uranus who did Picard (along with all the newer ST movies/shows) fukkkked the Star Trek franchise big time for those who were fans and in to it (like me).

Wheel of Time is good.  The books are more informative to what is happening.

Expanse......awesome TV watching.  The books are even better, I hear.  Never heard of it before we started watching 1.5 years ago.

ST discovery tries way too hard to be woke, and half the cast is gay, but the story is cool and there are way more ship fighting scenes than the old stuff. I was never really into Trek until I started reading the books. They are really really cool. Gave me a whole new outlook. 

My buddy read the whole huge wheel of time series, and said the show missed and changed alot but he still enjoyed it. 

I got a free year of apple TV, and there are some bangers. Don't remember if I mentioned these before.

SEE with Jason Momoa and Bautista is really cool. 

Foundation is slow but good and has potential. 

Invasion is really good. Cool take on aliens. They are really creepy and brutal. 

Mosquito coast could have been cool about an off grid family funning from the gov but the kids constantly do dumb stuff that gets them caught and it's annoying. 

If you are a sci-fi geek like me Nightflyer was good. Think it was on Netflix. 

Edited by blue109

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 10:40 PM, 98Z5V said:

Hit the Jack Ryan on Prime, there's 2 seasons up.  That'll get you hooked.  They're working on Season 3 now.  It's pretty damn good, especially if you read the Tom Clancy books in the past. 

Jack Ryan started alil slow but once that chopper came it hell yea! 

I finished reacher the other night, I really liked it, with out spoiling it I worked with a guy who spend 8 years in federal prison doing the same thing 

this is the one I’m excited for I really like Chris Pratt, he’s not your usual Hollywood type, he’s taken a lot of shit for being a god fearing “conservative”. 

ive listen to a few podcasts with jack carr too I wish I had time to listen to his books on audio maybe next road trip. He’s retired seal and I recently learned he has a special needs son, who is 14, his goal with these books and movies are to earn enough money so that his son will beable to live a comfortable life long after he and his wife are gone. Gotta respect a man with goals like that 

7 hours ago, blue109 said:

Halo on Paramount is pretty good so far. Master Chief is played by that guy from Den Of Thieves and I like him. Kids getting Merced by aliens within the first 10 min of episode 1 lol. It has potential. 

Pablo?   That dude is a good actor.   :thumbup:

Pablo Schreiber Says The Halo Series Differs From The Game In A Major Way

21 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Yup! That's the guy. Just watched episode 2. Slowed down a little to establish some back story, but I think it's going to be a winner. The aliens and CG look great. 

He is legit AF in Den of Thieves, knows his guns.  He didn't hesitate to rip some shiit up with that M249 SAW in that movie. 

He's the same dude that portrayed Kris "Tanto" Paronto in the "13 Hours" Benghazi attack movie - watch that one if you can.  It's pretty damn great.  He does a great job in that one.