• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

hello

Decided a while back that I wanted to build a firearm (cause its a fun thing to do) and unfortunately live in a jurisdiction where mags over 10 rounds may be illegal, so i figured I better make every shot count. AR308 seemed like a natural choice... also I'm hoping to get a chance to poke some holes in elk, hogs, etc and i don't have anything in my safe that will handle game bigger than a whitetail.

I have most of my parts at this point (I think the only thing that is still in the mail is a dust cover lol) and the lower milled out and I'm planing to start putting things together tomorrow.  Basic gist of the build is BA BCG, and barrel with rifle gas, 80% arms lower, Aero Precision upper, rails, and parts, LaRue trigger.  Its been a bit wild putting the parts together what with the world burning and all so hopefully I ended up with set of parts that works together alright.

1 minute ago, africanized swallow said:

Yeah, no worries. I was a little hesitant to put it out there because IL laws are kind of a CF, but not nearly as bad as some other places I've lived.

We need to know - because when you ask, you'll mostly get "free-state" answers as advice  - and some of that advice would land you in jail, in IL.

That's the whole reason for the Intro Section - where you tell us about yourself, and don't leave pertinent details out...  Like, where you live...  :thumbup:

Garbage in, garbage out.  Hope that makes sense.  We live it daily, here.