• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy here

earthquake

Hello my name is Casey, I live in a small town 40 miles out side of Las Vegas called Sandy Valley. I have built dozens of AR 15's and I am doing a few LR 10 builds now, I have already built a Very Heavy barrel one in .243 Win that I have not shot it yet, I need to load up some ammo for it. I am working on a couple of .308 shooters right now [a 16" carbine and a 20" rifle] and I am toying with the idea of building a 24" rifle in .300 Ruger Compact Magnum, I am just researching it for now, I don't know if it is possible or not its a pretty high pressure round [63,800 psi] I am using Noreen 80% lowers right now for my builds, they look like pretty nice lowers. I look forward to checking out this forum and gain some more info on the LR 10/308 platform. I earned the Earthquake handle because of my size [6'5"- 350 pounds]

Casey/Earthquake

2 minutes ago, earthquake said:

I was born in Baker, OR in 1963, I guess the call it "Baker City" now.

My Father was stationed at the Air Force base [821st AC & WS] that was there back then.

i live west of there, over the mountain about 100 miles. city fathers made big deal of changing name. didn't know they had air force base. i shoot trap (turkey shoot) every winter at baker trap club. they have an exellent interpretive center on oregon trail. lots of sage rats in that area in the spring if you know anyone still.  welcome again!

• 1 month later...