• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Birthday build for wife, 6.5 Grendel 12"

willbird

Wife has been saying she wants an AR. Wants something "not everybody has". Lined up some parts to build her something unique :-). 

Aero M4E1 lower (picking up today)

Aero M4E1 stripped upper (on order)

Aero 12" qunatum rail and BAR nut (on order).

Will use black rail and FDE furniture with FDE M-LOK rail cover type 2.

Thinking of using a KAW Valley linear comp to make sure muzzle is clear of 12" rail :-).

On 10/5/2020 at 9:37 PM, shrade said:

Love the tailhook I have on my 223 pistol, what type of optics are you going to use?

I am really fond of the UTG sights 

MT-950RS03-MT-754X-2T.jpg?v-cache=157251

And a Tasco TRS-25 co witness with them....using the large aperture as a ghost ring pretty much.

Got the tailhook ordered, ordered some ASC 15 rounds mags in FDE, ordered three of the LaRue MBT-2S triggers, ordered a Kaw Valley linear brake in FDE. So all the parts should be ordered, some are here. 

Edited by willbird

19 hours ago, Albroswift said:

I've looked at these before, seem like good pricing,  have they held up over time?

Honestly I have had some of them about a year, but I just put them on, sight in, and leave them alone, my uses do not find me adjusting elevation for other ranges once sighted in. There are some avail that have a huge knob to tighten them down, the one pictured with the flat head screw is a lot nicer, personally I would never buy the one with the knob.

Bill

Edited by willbird

Holosun is the company that makes all of the PA red dots, and they're good dots, no matter which model you get.  :thumbup:

I put one on my 45/70 right after I got it in 2015 - just to see how long it would take to kill that dot.  It's still there, and works just like it did out of the box.  That's probably the most violent-recoiling gun that I have. It's easier to shoot a Barrett M107 than it is to eat the recoil from that damn thing.

• 7 months later...