• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

all Pistol Braces now Ileagal

Magwa

Nothing like causing a panic.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/atf-singles-out-23-sb-tactical-firearms-braces-that-do-not-have-determination-letters/#ixzz6epWlZwNN
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Editors Note: This story has been edited to clarify previous comments and includes additional facts that have come to light since we first posted. The ATF's confusing and contradictory approval process is an evolving story and we will continue to update and inform our readers as we get better information. Despite rumors, there is no known official change to ATF policy as it relates to the legality of pistol braces.

Edited by Thirstydg323

That's been going on for years, man - banking institutions cutting off gun companies and the gun collective.  That's now new.  That's why McMillan started their own banking program back in the day.  It won't end.  There's always a push - whatever they can think of to try to control the gunners, by the anti-gunners.

Liberalism is the issue.  Trying to control Constitutionalists.  It'll never end. 

Social Media, and "social justice warriors" are a huge problem. Cancel-Culture is a big problem.  It's literally Whiners that complain to retail companies until those companies cave in to their bullshiit propaganda and views.  That's the very largest threat, right now.  SJW, and all the bulshiit that those weakass weakminded fuckers create, in the retail system in this country.  They literally CONTROL it, and it's sad.  Retailers are just afraid of pissing off their Google reviews or their Yelp Reviews.  Fucked up what this country has become. 

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's been going on for years, man - banking institutions cutting off gun companies and the gun collective.  That's now new.  That's why McMillan started their own banking program back in the day.  It won't end.  There's always a push - whatever they can think of to try to control the gunners, by the anti-gunners.

Liberalism is the issue.  Trying to control Constitutionalists.  It'll never end. 

Social Media, and "social justice warriors" are a huge problem. Cancel-Culture is a big problem.  It's literally Whiners that complain to retail companies until those companies cave in to their bullshiit propaganda and views.  That's the very largest threat, right now.  SJW, and all the bulshiit that those weakass weakminded fuckers create, in the retail system in this country.  They literally CONTROL it, and it's sad.  Retailers are just afraid of pissing off their Google reviews or their Yelp Reviews.  Fucked up what this country has become. 

That's a sad reality fukin pusssys

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Dug into it a little, and it didn't take long.  This is all bullshiit.

Read this:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-atfs-false-narrative-surrounding-the-legality-of-sb-tactical-pistol-braces-exposed/

Good read ,same was said about bump stocks no one got up in arm and there was a letter from ATF saying they were legal they went bye bye anyway and I bet the same happens for braces, simple reason is everything we here or see is Bull$hit...the government does what it wants without any repercussions from the people in 4 years not one arrest no one is in prison no one is paying for any crime, I am starting to think we have been hoodwinked....I just can not believe any thing anymore.

9 hours ago, Magwa said:

Good read ,same was said about bump stocks no one got up in arm and there was a letter from ATF saying they were legal they went bye bye anyway and I bet the same happens for braces, simple reason is everything we here or see is Bull$hit...the government does what it wants without any repercussions from the people in 4 years not one arrest no one is in prison no one is paying for any crime, I am starting to think we have been hoodwinked....I just can not believe any thing anymore.

Sh!t Magwa, the .gov has been screwing the people for 170+ years already.  One way or another, they have just found a new group of people to put the screws to.

The difference is just the era and (hopefully this time) there are more that will be able to stand up to their screwing tactics.

Been a messed up year for sure, we have COVID, social distancing (no big deal here Deb and I have been practicing that chit for years...LOL), now an Obama disciple at the helm...."Obiden"....and he will NOT be good for this Country, rest assured on that.  I'm sure he's going to go after some gun legislation, taxing ammunition you can't find right now anyhow, and at the top of his list is going to be or will include "assault" style weapons/black rifles, so prepare yourselves.

These days I have bad cases of CRS and even worse cases of DGS.  Since I'm past the point where I can remember all that much and for sure don't much give a chit I'm not going to worry about such things and will tell anyone who wants to or thinks they can come after my guns in any fashion that the ONLY way they are getting them is to pry them from my cold dead fingertips.....LOL....

Recent info on this charade...

https://gatdaily.com/braces-banned-overnight/

“Braces” Banned Overnight?!

November 25, 2020

No.

The article, originally posted on Ammoland, has been updated to reflect more accurate information. But the original article and screenshot stating the ATF is after “23” brace models that don’t have an ATF determination letter for the specific SKU are already making the rounds.

What is actually happening? Nobody knows, especially the ATF.

This headline was triggered after a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) release was published related to the ongoing battle between the ATF vs. Q and SB Tactical over what the Honey Badger ‘pistol’ and possibly the Sugar Weasel and Fix pistols hit the interent.

In it, the ATF has stated that only the SB15 and MPX PSB braces from SB Tactical have actual determination letters from ATF. ATF FTISB, Firearms Technology Industry Services Branch, the ATF subdivision where the industry interacts with it, also known as FATD, Firearms and Technology Division, sent a letter to SB Tactical back in 2018 saying that all other SB Tactical braces did not have official determination.

The ATF wasn’t banning braces, they were responding to claims of false advertisement that models other than the SB15 and MPX PSB had “ATF Compliant” or other language used in their advertising.

Now, the ATF’s approval process is slow, subjective, and limited to a specific item. They will also be very vague on issuing corrections (See Q) which amounts to telling anyone submitting anything to ‘change it a little and try again’.

SB Tactical has two determination letters for two specific products. The rest of their products are logical derivatives of those first two products. But the ATF, for full “compliance” would need every variation submitted to them for approval. All changes or updates to the design would also need separate approval with little or no guidance on whether SB Tactical could upgrade materials, make small changes to dimensions, or even change some of the supporting hardware of an individual brace SKU.

So.. will they be banned?

Unknown. That seems to be the direction ATF are leaning, opening the full legal battle for all braces. But is has not been changed at this time.