• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Howdy from South Texas

SouthTexasShooter

Hello fellow firearms and especially AR 308/large frame AR enthusiasts. My name is Ed, 52 years old,  live in McAllen, TX and former U.S. Army OH-58 warrant officer pilot. Other than qualifying with the M16 (A1 I believe it was!) during BT in 1987 I’m fairly new to the AR world however I have shot different firearms all my life and I just built my first AR-15 a few months ago (PA15 .223 Wylde from PSA).  I’ve since purchased a stripped PA-10 lower from PSA and still haven’t decided how I’d like to build it. I already made a lengthy post in the “build” forum with lots of specific questions regards parts recommendations, calibers, etc but I wanted to introduce myself here and say thanks to whoever started this awesome website! Also would welcome any and all input over on the build forum. I have already learned a ton about the AR308 platform from the many articles and forums here and looking forward to building my first large frame AR! 

Edited by SouthTexasShooter