• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Photos of camouflage rifles

RacerX

If any of you have done up your rifles in camouflage, I would like to see photos of them.
I'd like to do a hunting rifle Cerakoted in camouflage and would like to get some ideas
of what I can/can't/should/shouldn't change the looks of, and also color combinations.

Thanks!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Same here, mask/spray with Cerakote.  I used the same oven-bake Cerakote on the scope as the rest of the gun, but I didn't bake it, just let it cure on it's own. 

Oh, now that's interesting.  As far as the "cure" went, did you just let it sit at room temperature for x number of hours?
Do you think without baking it is less/same/more durable than spray paint?

Oven-cure (Cerakote H-Series) will cure on it's own, without oven-curing.  It's safe to handle (pick up and move) after 2 hours.  It's fully cured in 7 days.

I just leave things like that racked (wired up from hanging to paint them), and move them someplace in the house.  Even not baked, and only air-cured, H-Series is still hard as woodpecker lips.  No matter what kind of Cerakote you use (C, H, V, Elite), there's not a spray paint that can stand up to that stuff, anywhere.

Something I do here to help cure the paint quicker and it also helps keep it from "running" if you get to close or apply to much is to put the item to be painted in front of a small 1500 watt electric heater for about 10-15 minutes.  The pre-heat also helps get moisture out of the pores of metal parts, especially those with a matt or rougher finish.  I've been using this procedure for decades to paint Marine carburetors here in the shop.  It's nearly impossible to end up with a "run" in the paint and it "sets" and cures much faster.......

IMG_4651.JPG

16 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Something I do here to help cure the paint quicker and it also helps keep it from "running" if you get to close or apply to much is to put the item to be painted in front of a small 1500 watt electric heater for about 10-15 minutes.  The pre-heat also helps get moisture out of the pores of metal parts, especially those with a matt or rougher finish.  I've been using this procedure for decades to paint Marine carburetors here in the shop.  It's nearly impossible to end up with a "run" in the paint and it "sets" and cures much faster.......

IMG_4651.JPG

Carburator I thought everything was fuel injection.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:28 PM, Cliff R said:

Never really thought about this in the Cerakote process, but it makes sense.  You "gas-out" the parts that you'll be Cerakoting, at 300* for an hour.  If you properly cleaned them before gas-out, it's ready to go, right to spray, on parts that were just 300*.  If there's any oil signs or oil residue (shiny spots, from oil moving) on the parts after gas-out - then they need to be cleaned again before spraying.  I'm sure the gas-out step is there to make sure you properly cleaned before spraying - but that hot-ass metal is gonna take the spray better.   Great info, Cliff.  :hail:

1034223054_Cerakotegasout.png.895a2485f2bddc71e54086a9ef040617.png