• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spare parts for the Sig 716i

@scottfn308

I am from Snipershide.com and AR15.COM. I set up an account because somebody here names @Ravenworksthinks I am you and you are me. I will contact SIG North America on Monday and try to get some clarification about your questions while I also try to clear up my name. I have two informative threads about the 716I at the aforementioned sites I will share with you as well.

User @Ravenworks in post #127 below is attempting to tie us up.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/the-sig-716i-tread-308-may-be-the-best-ar-308-ar-10-type-battle-rifle-for-the-money.7080207/

Here is the AR15.COM post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/The-SIG-716I-TREAD-The-best-AR-308-AR-10-type-rifle-for-the-money-/45-521591/

By the way I love my SIG 716I it's the best AR-308/ AR-10 type rifle for the money IMO!

7.thumb.jpg.b6942ab932fa01daed98b6a74481f524.jpg

oh yeah @Ravenworks E.A.D.!

Yeah, he's no longer going to continue to present problems here. He's made his issues our issues, so I'll go ahead and put a stop to it. Thanks for the heads up, and feel free to stick around and post in the intro thread if you want, since you already joined up and all....

20 minutes ago, GLD1980 said:

I will contact SIG North America on Monday and try to get some clarification about your questions

Do you have access to a 308AR DPMS style BCG to compare? Sig ain't gonna say schit about any parts compatibility. They swear up and down their 716 piston gun bolt is proprietary when it is just a cosmetic variation on the DPMS.

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

Do you have access to a 308AR DPMS style BCG to compare? Sig ain't gonna say schit about any parts compatibility. They swear up and down their 716 piston gun bolt is proprietary when it is just a cosmetic variation on the DPMS.

I can talk to a buddy of mine at I5 Guns and Ammo in Washington State to see if I can access one for comparison pics. What do you need specifically? 

1 minute ago, GLD1980 said:

I can talk to a buddy of mine at I5 Guns and Ammo in Washington State to see if I can access one for comparison pics. What do you need specifically? 

Could be me that brought @scottfn308 here with a link to a bunch of measurements on different BCG's to compare to, saw the question on SigTalk.

I figured out the 716 piston gun bolt would work by checking headspace, then running it. The 12.5 inch piston gun barrels work great as DPMS based DI pistols, Sig used as much off the shelf for their piston as they could, doubt they would change that up on the DI but I'm sure they will not come off any info on compatibility beyond "use Sig parts".

Check this thread for comparison measurements, third page I think;

It would be interesting to see how the Sig stacks up with the others.

@GLD1980, old Ravenshiits doesn't post here anymore, but feel free to welcome him back over here if he "wants a discussion."  I'm down.

He last visited here in March this year, and his last post was Oct 2020.  He's said alot of stupid shiit here, and I've been right there everytime.  If you want some humorous reading, check his history here.  If he wants to show up and talk shiit here, he's more than welcome, and I'll just bring up his past, here.

You can remind him of that over on the Hide, if you want.  Tell him I love him.   :thumbup:

He realized his bullshiit-factor was running thin, and kinda faded away from here.  Now, he's on the Hide, feeding other people bullshiit.  He bounces around.  He made no more headway here, and just faded away.  He knew it, too. 

P.S.  By the way - YOU are more than welcome here.  Looks like you've taken the time, and put in the work, on the 716 platform.  That's never been a strong point here, because not many people have them.  We WELCOME information like you posted.  More knowledge on a platform, that not many have.  Knowledge is Power, and that moves towards learning.  We can tell you everything you need to know about converting a 716 12.5" barrel over to work as a DI gun - many here have done it.  But the rest of the platform - eh, we just don't know from a lack of exposure. 

Welcome aboard, again, man.  We don't care what the caliber is - doesn't have to be a .308 Winchester round from a large-frame AR.  We're so far beyond that.  It doesn't matter WHAT you shoot, here...  It matters THAT you shoot.  Nothing is off-limits, caliber, frame size, whatever... 

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

@GLD1980, old Ravenshiits doesn't post here anymore, but feel free to welcome him back over here if he "wants a discussion."  I'm down.

He last visited here in March this year, and his last post was Oct 2020.  He's said alot of stupid shiit here, and I've been right there everytime.  If you want some humorous reading, check his history here.  If he wants to show up and talk shiit here, he's more than welcome, and I'll just bring up his past, here.

You can remind him of that over on the Hide, if you want.  Tell him I love him.   :thumbup:

He realized his bullshiit-factor was running thin, and kinda faded away from here.  Now, he's on the Hide, feeding other people bullshiit.  He bounces around.  He made no more headway here, and just faded away.  He knew it, too. 

P.S.  By the way - YOU are more than welcome here.  Looks like you've taken the time, and put in the work, on the 716 platform.  That's never been a strong point here, because not many people have them.  We WELCOME information like you posted.  More knowledge on a platform, that not many have.  Knowledge is Power, and that moves towards learning.  We can tell you everything you need to know about converting a 716 12.5" barrel over to work as a DI gun - many here have done it.  But the rest of the platform - eh, we just don't know from a lack of exposure. 

Welcome aboard, again, man.  We don't care what the caliber is - doesn't have to be a .308 Winchester round from a large-frame AR.  We're so far beyond that.  It doesn't matter WHAT you shoot, here...  It matters THAT you shoot.  Nothing is off-limits, caliber, frame size, whatever... 

@98Z5V

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am happy to be here.

Below are 2 quote box posts from the thread at Snipershide.com. He said I misunderstood him. My reply is below the quotes.

I never said your name was Scott.

Go re- read the post.

Do you understand the gravity of that post?

Maintenance or anything breaks,box it up ship it back.

What are you missing?

These are tools,nothing more nothing less And they break.

As I said before, I was being nice about it, so f*c* you and your speed bump.

If you're happy with it great, but you keep inflating your gun.

Its a rack grade, highly proprietary large frame gasser.

You found all the GREAT videos and posted them in your 1st post.

Then you ask me to explain myself and what I mean by other guns then wrote a dissertation as to why every other gun out there sucked.

See it's poop like this that pisses people off.

Dude,you have 56 fucking post at least learn your environment

When you come off like a dick people treat you like one.

V/R,

One Assahoe to another!

I'd apologize for the misunderstanding but clearly your intent is to keep driving on. So look we don't have to get along but this is a relevant thread about a good rifle that you feel is rack grade. So I'm gonna keep trying to articulate my points in a way that hopefully some will get and I will try to not come off as a shill, and hope SIG ponies up some serious support. You can do the same and keep pointing out how my rifle sucks and how I feel other rifles suck, which I never said but hey... It's on me to prove my claims about the SIG not you, but @Ravenworks when you bring up post counts and environments I understand what your getting at but how can I take you seriously or respect you. So in order to keep this thread from being hijacked by our BS can we get back to business on the SIG 716I and make sure to tag me if you'd like to continue talking sh*t.

Edited by GLD1980

3 minutes ago, GLD1980 said:

@98Z5V

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am happy to be here.

Below are 2 quote box posts from the thread at Snipershide.com. He said I misunderstood him. My reply is below the quotes.

See it's poop like this that pisses people off.

Dude,you have 56 fucking post at least learn your environment

Oh, I read that thread over there, man. Believe me.  :thumbup:

He thinks he's a god by demeaning you over your post count?  Well, fuckin' COME ON BACK, RAVENSHIIT...   If post count is your thing, well, then...  I'm your Huckleberry.

That shiithead has 495 posts here over a 4.5 year period - and most were confrontational.  I know that, because I was the one confronting him over his bullshiit here.

Don't forget to tell him I love him over there.  That's gonna chap his balls, certainly. 

I like your comment... 

I know I'm a dickhead.  I've known it for decades, accepted it a LONG time ago, and I'm comfortable in my own skin.  I like me, just like I am.  If snowflakes, jackasses, douches, and fukheads don't like it - I don't even care.  Phases me not in the least.  If you bring information, back UP your information, with real data. Otherwise, go sit your ass on the porch and shut the fuk up.  GET BACK IN THE CORNER!!!  SHUT UP AND COLOR!!!   :thefinger:

And, this is the "kindler, gentler" version of me.  I used to be worse.  Ravenshiits knows it, too. 

1 minute ago, GLD1980 said:

@98Z5V

This 11B3V likes your style. Keep on rolling brother!

I like your Victor, my man. :hail: You do you - that shiitweasel can't overcome that - he has no idea, the wrath that can be brought down on him...    :thumbup:

Well, actually, he does.  I hammered him all the time over here...   :banana:

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Welcome from Indiana brother

5 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Welcome aboard! Some pictures with detailed measurements may clear this up too. Either way hang around and have some fun!!

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Welcome to the forum

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Welcome from BC

Thanks for the welcome. I will try to get pics within the week. Also my apologies to all about the drama. I jumped the gun on @Ravenworks for what I thought was a call out and admit it was a misunderstanding. It doesn't change the fact that his facetious attitude on the boards brought us together and had he chosen to communicate like an adult, he wouldn't have drawn my fire. I will not bring further BS here. Thanks for your time and I will report back later this week.

Geez.  Sorry to start a firestorm guys.  I am from Sig talk, and have been a member in good standing at ARFcom for years under the same name.

I did see the spec chart for the various measurements, and many thanks to the one who put all that together.  I plan on giving it quite a bit of study.

I'll try to obtain a DPMS style bolt and carrier to see if it will work in the 716i. 

Thanks for all the help 

1 minute ago, scottfn308 said:

Sorry to start a firestorm guys.

Just a good old community airing, clarity is always good, amazing what a small community it can be. 

It's hard to get details on compatibility with many of the factory large frames, most end up being DPMS patterns these days, I'm betting Sig didn't re-invent the wheel here, evidenced by no recall or flood of new posters saying it doesn't run. Keep your eyes peeled at CDNN, Sig dumps weapons and parts on them that are being discontinued or parts updated, they get new Sig items pretty regular just hard to tell if or when Sig will start making changes again for a 716.

We need to get you and @GLD1980 to do a proper intro thread for a proper 308AR welcome :thumbup:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/22-introductions/

1 hour ago, GLD1980 said:

Thanks for the welcome. I will try to get pics within the week. Also my apologies to all about the drama. I jumped the gun on @Ravenworks for what I thought was a call out and admit it was a misunderstanding. It doesn't change the fact that his facetious attitude on the boards brought us together and had he chosen to communicate like an adult, he wouldn't have drawn my fire. I will not bring further BS here. Thanks for your time and I will report back later this week.

You called it right his issues had issues. More drama than brain's.