• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lancer Venom Brake

micmacman

hey fellas , first post , gotta Stag 10 LR 308 , 

had issues with cycling and sent the rifle back and the guys at Stag were awsome ,turns out  it was under gassed , got the rifle back and ran 3 mags flawless , big ole grin , was contemplating grabbing a Lancer Venom Brake for the beast , was wondering if anyone has any experience with it and what their thoughts of it 

watched the video where the guy was comparing all the .308 brakes by how much recoil was reduced and the Venom came in second 

Nobody is immune, brother.  It's happened before.  And Newb's have stepped up in the past.  

I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:     What better way to break one of them in, right?  :laffs:

Research...

I think the only time a Newb was backed up was on the 6 ARC stuff, when @DayWalker opened his mouth.  I felt bad, and had already been looking at one hard, just DAYS after it was introduced - so I stepped in and saved his ass from the fire on that one.  Mine shoots - I STILL don't think his is built yet...   :lmao:

On 10/6/2021 at 4:54 AM, micmacman said:

dont know what the rule is but my bad and never mind

You didn’t do anything wrong. We have an un written rule that if you ask about a product and no one has tried it, the rule is you SHALL purchase it and write up a full review for the better of the community. 

It’s all in good fun, but think of the benefits. You get to try the part you were curious about and the next guy that wanders through here with the same question will be helped by the knowledge you gained in testing it. This came up years ago…and has actually been followed by many over those years. So the question is: are we going to have some fun?

13 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

You didn’t do anything wrong. We have an un written rule that if you ask about a product and no one has tried it, the rule is you SHALL purchase it and write up a full review for the better of the community. 

ok , now thats funny , i am definitely getting it within the next couple weeks , need to catch my breath from buying a Mossberg 500 , but i will certainly post my thoughts on it  , the fella that did the test measured reduction of recoil by 50% , not that my rifle is a puncher or anything , but want to re acquire or stay on target better 

at least i didnt ask about a Barret 50 or something ,lol 

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Mine shoots - I STILL don't think his is built yet... 

Define built :laffs:it’s mocked up, just needs to have the barrel nut torqued and the gas block attached. Still don’t have any ammo, plus with the fires so bad this year I haven’t been out in the hills to do any blasting. Now that temps are dropping, it’ll need a shakedown

27 minutes ago, dpete said:

The best is to ask about something you already have!   That way you get to have fun timing how long it takes for the rule to be invoked.  

Yeah….but none of these guys are sly enough to pull it off. Dead giveaway when someone who has had the rule apply phrases the question perfectly to invoke the rule. 

1 hour ago, micmacman said:

ok , now thats funny , i am definitely getting it within the next couple weeks , need to catch my breath from buying a Mossberg 500 , but i will certainly post my thoughts on it  , the fella that did the test measured reduction of recoil by 50% , not that my rifle is a puncher or anything , but want to re acquire or stay on target better 

at least i didnt ask about a Barret 50 or something ,lol 

Oh, don't rush...   The Rule is:  You ask about a product, nobody has it...   But there's a solid 48 hours from when you asked about it, for someone to produce their review from here.  If that 48 hours goes by, and nada...    You're the Designated Reviewer!...    :thumbup:

I think @DNP is correct...   he's only in for a brake.  Others have been in for much, much more, once The Rule was invoked...   :lmao:

Here is THE RULE:

"If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated, pictures are required, or that s*** didn't happen."

That's a hard and steadfast legality here on the board - but it gets interpreted and applied at will.  But, it is The Rule.

The only other SOLID piece of information here that gets adhered to is Lesson 65b.  The true definition is Lesson 65B is:  You snooze, you lose.   This happens when you're looking at something on sale from a vendor, or you see something advertised for a ridiculous listed price - and you wait, and think about it.  So, you pull the trigger, and try to add that thing to your cart - and now it's out of stock...   Lesson 65b bit you right in the ass...   :laffs:

On 10/6/2021 at 10:07 PM, 98Z5V said:

Read the post above...   :bitchslap:   We never shorten the 48-hr requirement, but you might be mis-remembering...   :laffs:

I was never shown "the rule " in print, it was loosely stated from a members memory. I believe that cost me $400 that day for the Sightmark Wolfhound Prism optic 🤣😂😃

Just now, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I was never shown "the rule " in print, it was loosely stated from a members memory. I believe that cost me $400 that day for the Sightmark Wolfhound Prism optic 🤣😂😃

At least is didn't cost you an entire 6 ARC gun, like what happened to @DayWalker...   :lmao: