• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Army optic.

As much as I think our military needs to be better equipped, I don’t think this is the way. Need to get them light and better protective gear before giving them Call of Duty Black Ops futuristic equipment. Shooting accurately during the day or night I don’t believe has been a problem, especially with red dots and acogs  

just like the military to fix what isn’t broken. Reminds me of all the money wasted on the F-22s or the debatable F-35s. But our F-14s, 15s, 18s, and A-10s have been doing a damn fine job against anything they have had to deal with. 

and as far as the 6.8 cartridge goes, in my opinion, I don’t see anything 6.8 out there that is so far ahead of 5.56 that it is worth replacing every weapon. 

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

You obviously aren't invested in the correct defense contractor then. :laffs: but then....:embarrassed:

Hit the nail on the head. And it will stay that way until we lose a war because of it.

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

As much as I think our military needs to be better equipped, I don’t think this is the way. Need to get them light and better protective gear before giving them Call of Duty Black Ops futuristic equipment. Shooting accurately during the day or night I don’t believe has been a problem, especially with red dots and acogs  

just like the military to fix what isn’t broken. Reminds me of all the money wasted on the F-22s or the debatable F-35s. But our F-14s, 15s, 18s, and A-10s have been doing a damn fine job against anything they have had to deal with. 

and as far as the 6.8 cartridge goes, in my opinion, I don’t see anything 6.8 out there that is so far ahead of 5.56 that it is worth replacing every weapon. 

they bungled the F22 acquisition. The F35 was supposed to be the “cheap” F16 replacement. So much for that. If an F35 gets into a dogfight with a Su35 it is allover. We will see what happens.

I'm just glad that this new optic wasn't a Sig-Sauer this time.  They've been killing everything for the last few years, from guns to optics to everything.  Someone there is getting paid off, and I can take the stories back a couple decades now. 

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm just glad that this new optic wasn't a Sig-Sauer this time.  They've been killing everything for the last few years, from guns to optics to everything.  Someone there is getting paid off, and I can take the stories back a couple decades now. 

Should I feel ashamed that I might be getting a cheap sig red dot that my friend got off primary arms that I really like? Lol

6 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Should I feel ashamed that I might be getting a cheap sig red dot that my friend got off primary arms that I really like? Lol

Not at all.  I think they're greasing the skids, though, with all the SOF contracts that they're won in the last few years.  THAT is the part that I can take back decades (2 decades), for information...  

Holosun makes all of SIG's red dots.  Just tossing that out there.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, ARTrooper said:

Doesn’t holosun make primary arms red dots also?

Yes.  PA doesn't have a NDA in place with Holosun, though - but SIG DOES have a NDA in place.  Good luck getting someone from SIG OR Holosun to admit the relationship.  That's only some shiit you find out at SHOT Show.  2020, specifically. 

I will never understand the 6.8 when we have the 6.5 and it has been around forever and there is a plethora of awesome bullets for it  just plain stupid if you ask me .... 260 Remington or 6.5 Creed would have been awesome choices and all the development work is already done...

5 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Isn't Vortex made in China?

Buying military gear from the enemy. STUPID.

Google Vortex optics and this is what you will find:

Vortex Optics is an American manufacturer of optical equipments for hunting, wildlife watching, outdoor recreation, shooting sports and law enforcement. Vortex products include binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, reflex sights, holographic sights and other accessories. Wikipedia
Customer service: 1 (800) 426-0048

Headquarters: Barneveld, WI
Founded: 2004, United States
Number of employees: Approx. 210

The Berry Amendment takes care of military-everything, that is procured by any branch of the military.  It covers everything procured.  All products made in the USA, manufactured in the USA, and all sourced from US-Made parts and materials. 

There won't be any Chinese scopes on any military guns, ever. 

54 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

There won't be any Chinese scopes on any military guns, ever.

Do they stick to it? We had all sorts of buy American laws and contract clauses to enforce but actually spent more time writing exemption requests that would always be approved. And before anyone comments I didn't say I wrote a good one, just the facts you know..............

19 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Do they stick to it? We had all sorts of buy American laws and contract clauses to enforce but actually spent more time writing exemption requests that would always be approved. And before anyone comments I didn't say I wrote a good one, just the facts you know..............

They're supposed to, because it's a passed law, three time over now.  Whether they fuk it up, I don't know anymore.

26 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Low end vortex is china, mid level vortex is Philippines, High end vortex is USA/Japan. 

Same way PA Optics and Athlon Optics rolls.  The PI shiit is legit.  The high-end shiit blows away all the high-end brands, by far.  For 1/3 less.