• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

One year anniversary

Black_Sheep

I lost my dad on January 26, 2021

It’s been a roller coaster year for sure. Mom passed in 2019 so taking care of dad fell on my shoulders. He had dementia, but I didn’t really know how bad it was because mom did a good job covering for him . It was rough at times, but I’d gladly do it all over again.

I sure miss him…

33 minutes ago, Black_Sheep said:

I lost my dad on January 26, 2021

It’s been a roller coaster year for sure. Mom passed in 2019 so taking care of dad fell on my shoulders. He had dementia, but I didn’t really know how bad it was because mom did a good job covering for him . It was rough at times, but I’d gladly do it all over again.

I sure miss him…

Sorry to hear brother prayers sent. 

I had a bit of a meltdown this morning, but called my sister Beth in Green Bay to wish her a happy birthday. (Imagine losing your dad on your birthday) She is a woman of faith and after talking with her I feel much better. 

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement…

Edited by Black_Sheep

Sorry for your loss, Dementia is a horrible disease. my wife is battling it now for three years. it has progressed rapidly and  gotten worse. it's a horrible feeling watching someone you have lived with for over 40 years decline mentally. I had big plans for us when i retired and this happened. it just takes the life out of them. they don't want to do anything.

I am sorry for your losses as well.  I lost both of my parents in the last year and a half.  It is difficult to move on at times because you want to pick up the phone to ask them a question that they would surely know the answer.  As was said, honor your dad by doing something that he would have enjoyed with you.  They live on in you and your actions.