• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh, I might have to shoot that RCP when I come down. You'd better check my pockets before I leave too.

Everything I have will be available at the range while you're here - I just might need a bigger truck to get it all out there...  You will receive a full pat down coming off the range...  <laughs> <lmao>

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a rifle from a guy that I wasn't very interested in. I sold to another guy for a profit. He sold it back to me when he was going through a divorce for less than half of what I sold it to him for. The original guy decided he missed his rifle and bought it back from me for a profit. I think I made about $500 off that rifle, and it stayed with the original owner!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since I'm layedoff figured on getting my shoulder done,again after 25 yrs.They are going to resurface the ball on the joint with titaium.Trying to get projects done.O'lady got a fountain for the back yard.Fountain was $150.00 but because I had to run power to shed,pipe,trench with this monster that I knocked down the fence with[trying to trench under sringer],pinned myself to the fence tore up my hand,and almost flipped damn machine.My back is still killing me  :(.Surgery is fri. gotta go shoot for sure before that. <thumbsup>

Rene, you sound "burdened" with the Honey-Do's...  You've got alot on your hands, brother (besides tearing up the hand!  :o)

I just want you to know I'm here for you, brother - I'll shoot that Scorp.  <thumbsup> <laughs>

• 2 months later...

Top pic last week poped cherry on Sig,bottom pic today 2 FTF 3 less than first day.Took it apart before range and lubed.100 rounds thru Scorpion and counting.Guy at the shop said it took a few 100 rds. before his Kimber settled down.Love the way .45 shredds target.Love this pistol, easy to shoot. <thumbsup>

Dadgum Rene  good shootin! <thumbsup>

listen to this...like the  STI manual sez take your 1911 apart and clean and lube before shooting...so I open the book get to the take down page.....only 1911 I had was 40 years ago..so im a noob....okay slide back push pin out slide comes off..well now im a 1911 expert <laughs> just field stripped it cleaned, lubed and back together...cept the gun wont go into battery hammer wont fall  YIKES <lmao>  took this damn thing apart and back together for a solid hour <lmao>

wont freakin hammer drop....cant go to range cause they would laff me out of the store...called STI and they handed me off to tech.  tols him my problem and my Gal was on her way home and if the gun wasnt working and under the Christmas tree the gun would be hangin out my azz <laughs> He sez see that tongue looking thing with a hole in it...well the take down pin has to go thru that too...daaamn....do that and all is well....Whew that was close <lmao>  Wash