imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You know she's gonna see this one day - and she's gonna go all THIS WAY on you, brother...   :bitchslap:

:laffs:

I aint  fraid of her no mo.....she too weak to rack the slide on her 9's...and I emptied the chambers on her $hit....im always thinkin :laffs: Wash

you get the crap
I sent ya yet?

Edited by washguy

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, shepp said:

Anyone done beef short ribs? Somthing I’ve wanted to try. This is the recipe I found, sound good I was thinking brisket rub 

CB4646D1-CF84-4FE0-B3AA-AD4991385760.png

EDFE9FFF-266F-4D61-AB5C-089AF89854F2.png

Shepp Ido a lot of short ribs and I am always looking for better recipes. That looks really good. I will be trying that myself.

Ive always been a pork rib guy,but beef short ribs could work........be careful on the foiling...you could turn the beef to mush....prolly not as forgiving as the pork im thinkin   :thumbup:    screw the bath.....if you are gonna do that...migh as well do the 98Z crockpot with em...

30 minutes ago, washguy said:

Ive always been a pork rib guy,but beef short ribs could work........be careful on the foiling...you could turn the beef to mush....prolly not as forgiving as the pork im thinkin   :thumbup:    screw the bath.....if you are gonna do that...migh as well do the 98Z crockpot with em...

???

I was talking to a guy on Instagram the other day about ribs and how people think “fall off the bone” pork ribs are a must, but all it is was bull shit propaganda started by  companies like chili’s and Applebee’s. He said my FIL par boils his ribs ??, I replied with a friend once told me they made the best ribs i ask oh yea how? They said we stand them up in the crock pot and........ that’s when I interrupted and said stop just stop lol

Short ribs can be tough and stringy, with lots of fat and cartilage. The goal is to impart smoke flavor to the meat, and use the fat and other fluids to moisten and tenderize the meat, while not parboiling it into a tasteless lump. It is the most difficult cut of beef to cook properly, in my opinion. And I have yet to master it.

1 minute ago, Sisco said:

Not a fan of chain restaurants, particularly BBQ’s chains, but I have tried Misson Barbeque twice now, and been impressed with their food. When I ordered brisket, they asked me if I wanted “lean” or “moist”! That is a good sign. I have had their Baby Backs, Brisket and Shredded Pork BBQ. And it was all excellent. I understand it is owned by a retired Navy Seal. Every day at noon, they have a Salute to America. They play the National Anthem, and everyone stands and recites the Pledge of Allegiance.

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Beef   is for ribeye  Nystrips  baseball bone in ribeye   not effin ribs long or short   ?  Wash

Your about the age someone has to chew it up and spit it in your mouth baby bird style aren’t you??? 

Btw when you get a 1/4 steel you get it ALL including short ribs you grumpy bastard 

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Your about the age someone has to chew it up and spit it in your mouth baby bird style aren’t you??? 

Btw when you get a 1/4 steel you get it ALL including short ribs you grumpy bastard 

I am guessing you mean steer, steel would be tough to tenderize. Did you get a good one Shepp? My 1/2 cow this year is excellent.

39 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I am guessing you mean steer, steel would be tough to tenderize. Did you get a good one Shepp? My 1/2 cow this year is excellent.

Lol yes been a good day of beer and football, it was good. I got it a year or so back, they’re vac sealed so they kept well 

4 hours ago, shepp said:

Shepp     just about that age....:laffs:....I demand effin short ribs cooked in a crockpot though....slides right down....and my diapers change easier too   :bitchslap:    Wash

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You crockpot fuckers are about to get me going.

your crockpot meals look and I bet taste awesome......we were in Wallyworld last week and passed by them...I chuckled...and Char asked what was so funny bout the crockpot aisle?   Its a Thomas thing I told her  :thumbup:   Wash

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Get the 7 or 8-qt ovals, brother.  Don't go less. Go big or go home. :thumbup::banana:

When they make a bigger one, I'll get that bitch, too. I'll feed an Army, well...    :laffs:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/store/detail/nesco-18-qt-stainless-steel-porcelain-cookwell-roaster-oven-w-lid/0000000317317/5400?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JXiBRCpARIsAGqF8wUU6eEcaAYH6wHFKy-xiT1WQk9Yg0Sg7SK6FublHs1MEw42bufaDk0aAtAKEALw_wcB