• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This better be worth it

shepp

waiting.... not gonna stop till i get it !  man this is crazy if anything ive waited so long for its this 308!! saved $ for 3 years to get this riffle and ....... recently sheered my ankle off from my foot and could really use a friend (rra 308) to play with in my recovery three more weeks and the cast is off! Hope by then my dreams come true and i walk up to the range to blow them all away.  Targets that is!! RRA in my dreams !

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just called a local dealer.. he an Operator elite in 556 on the rack... I know this is a .308 board... Going to pick the  556 wed. My son wanted one really bad. Thought as hard as RRA's are to get right now and it is only going to get worse in my opinion... But Now I am done.. got to quit buying these dern things.  :cookoo:

only kid is now 30.... But I got a grandaughter who is 8 and wants to go hunting this fall. I have been done buying guns a few times before.. But I have bought 7 in the last 10 months. And only got rid of 2. Running out of SAFE space. Funny thing is that I never had any need for "black rifles" until I started seeing the accuracy they are getting with them. My First one was the LR308. Accuracy was there right from the git go. Just couldnt bring myself to understand why I had to put 500+ rounds through it to assure it would function right everytime. and when you shook it it clunked and movet over a 16th of an inch. And again not gonna fix an 1000 dollar gun with a 4.99 accuwedge. shoulda been right from the git go. I just didnt know what to look for when I bought it. It is gone now. Since I got my first RRA I see no need to look elsewhere. My .556 varmint gun shoots 1" groups at 200 yds... not every time but often enough I can claim it will. so now I have an Elite operator in 556 and a Predator HP in 308.. and my kid has an Elite operator also... An Im gonna make him pay me back...lol <munch> <thumbsup> Up until this year I have been pretty old school in my firearms. Now I seem be more open minded. Now I got to set up the reloading stuff I bought 10 years ago.... I sure done mean to come accross like I am bragging. Just so tickeled that I ran into these deals..

Drop

I bought a dpms lr308... not happy with it..jammed every 5 or less rounds just bought the wrong gun...

i havent had a a problem with mine prolly have 100 rounds thru it. where you buy chance using reloads? i was talking to a guy the other day that told me not to use reloads for the first 100-200 rounds. his buddy had some .308 loads that he had for his bolt rifle and twice this guy had the round stuck in the end of the barrel, but now has no issues. there is that one thread in the DPMS area about extraction problems, all i know is i like my gun and it shoots great

Nope no reloads.. less than 75 rounds through it. accuracy was outstanding. but like I said id jammed way to much. Plus the upper and lower fit was so loose you could hear it rattle when you shook it. It had a good 32nd of an inch slop in it... Not saying anything bad about the product.. I just wasnt happy with it after I got it.

Drop

Nope no reloads.. less than 75 rounds through it. accuracy was outstanding. but like I said id jammed way to much. Plus the upper and lower fit was so loose you could hear it rattle when you shook it. It had a good 32nd of an inch slop in it... Not saying anything bad about the product.. I just wasnt happy with it after I got it.

Drop

hmmmm, i think it happens with everyone. i donno how a person can go off one other persons opinon when buying somthing. i did alot of reading last winter before i ordered my gun, lurked in alot of forums, read alot of reviews, watched alot of youtube videos. honestly one of the only reason beside reviews being good and a friend at work and my barrel builder friends saying RRA was a good builder was that it had all the add ons i wanted. i get a kick outta people who are like OHHHHH DPMS,RRA, Chevy, Ford, Yamaha, Kawi is grabage i knew a guy who had a cousin whos brother had one of those and it was poop you shoudnt buy one of them.

glad you were able to get your hands on a RRA drop im alil jealous, i wish i could have, i wish it would have came in in the 3-4 month window it was suppose to, but oh well. maybe when im in the market for a 5.56 ill get my hands on an RRA.

Probably right on the craziness letting up. Election years seem to affect these things. I live in illinois...get the idea. I just got real lucky and ran into these deals... Probably never happen again. A year ago I never would have given an ar a second look. Just wasnt my cup of tea.... then I took a second look at the accuracy ppl were getting right out of the box. Right now I am deciding on how to dress thes out. ... When I get back from a hunt  8) I am leaving on soon

Drop

Dropped in to the gun store and email reply from rra was there waiting on barrels for the 308 models and are cought up to the first of the year! Im still screwed for another few months.. At least football has started and ducks are around the corner to keep my ocupied? I hope this dosnt turn out to be another child , 9 mo. of waiting for dirty diapers. I love my kids.. this better be worth it!!!

I know where there is an elite op. But the owners of the store are fucktards lol

Dropped in to the gun store and email reply from rra was there waiting on barrels for the 308 models and are cought up to the first of the year! Im still screwed for another few months.. At least football has started and ducks are around the corner to keep my ocupied? I hope this dosnt turn out to be another child , 9 mo. of waiting for dirty diapers. I love my kids.. this better be worth it!!!

$1850 is steep but probably closer to MSRP than I paid for ours.

We used to have this place in Tucson called Jerry's Guns, which was a pure gun shop...no archery, hunting gear, any other stuff...just firearms.

Every single price tag was one of the kind that says "Retail Price _____/Our Price_____" and they were all WELL over what the competitors in town were asking.  I must say though, he had one copy of every type of Smith&Wesson (at the time), one copy of every type of Colt, plus any other handguns and many rifles and shotguns too.

Never saw nor know anybody that ever purchased a firearm there.  Someone recently said the dude, Jerry, inherited big bucks and just sat in his gun collection.

Jon