• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brownells sells 3.5 years’ worth of magazines in 36 hours

imschur

Yeah went to a small store today that caters to the AR community and well no guns. Was in there Friday and they had at least 30 on the wall and many were out at a local gun show that weekend. Who knows how many they sold. They also had 100s of pmags for both .556 and .308 well they were pretty much gone today.  They did have windowed dark earth 30 rndrs for a little over market value. Not stabbin you for them like some I have seen but not what they sold for last week. Is going to be interesting seeing what happens to this business after time.

Yea this is total BS....my credit card was melting this past week....and Im glad I finally made the move as I got the last AR-10 at my local shop...one Ive been eyeing for a while now.  But I also failed to pick up some extra mags and now Im screwed jus have the two that came stock with the gun...one of which they want to outlaw (20 rounder)  Also any of you catch the crap of the banning of the sale transfer and POSSESION????  WTF I jus dropped this much cash and now they want to ban the possession?  Guess Ill have  my brand new rifle hidden somewhere but they sure as hell aint taking mine.

Gouge!

Dang man.

Jon

called a gun shop in Rockford IL yesterday,

I ask: you guys have any AR's in stock

Guy: yes, two bushmasters for 1500

Me: anything special about them?

Guy: no not really, oh and a bottem of the barrel colt for 3000.

Me: holy poop you've lost your mind!!!!

Guy: (in a dumb ass tone) well that's what they're going for on gun broker?!

Me: click

I picked up 6 mil-surp 30 rnd AR-15 mags at my local gun shop Thursday for $10 apiece. The owner is a standup guy and refuses to price gouge. He asked me if I was going to flip them and I told him he knew me better than that, they are not leaving my hands!

On another note, my oldest son who lives in Juneau AK managed to pick up a Stag Arms AR-15 for $1300 Friday. I don't know what model it is, but the thing has a 24" stainless heavy barrel! :o

So...are the guys that paid $40 per mag  over the past few irrational panic filled days going to be pissed when everyone re-ups after the 1st and prices return normal? How about when palmetto and Walmart restock with dirt cheap ARs? Some of my coworkers were asking about my stockpile of stripped lowers like they were made of gold plated bacon. This crap is just silly.

Some of my coworkers were asking about my stockpile of stripped lowers like they were made of gold plated bacon.

If there is such a thing as gold-plated bacon, it would be priceless.

Just stating fact.

There are folks asking me where to get stuff.  I'm telling them "Just get a bolt-action and work on your marksmanship skills."

<laughs>

Jon