• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Official 98Z5V Needs This Thread

imschur

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a Chrysler 408 Stroker engine, damnit.  360 punched out and stroked.

I need to put that damn thing in the truck, so I can rebuild the 318 in the truck - and put it in the Jeep.

The 4.0L Jeep engine (heavily worked over) needs to go into some kind of sand vehicle that I don't even have yet... 

Plans, plans, plans... 

I need a Chrysler 408 Stroker engine, damnit.  360 punched out and stroked.

I need to put that damn thing in the truck, so I can rebuild the 318 in the truck - and put it in the Jeep.

The 4.0L Jeep engine (heavily worked over) needs to go into some kind of sand vehicle that I don't even have yet... 

Plans, plans, plans... 

How about a 383

Edited by MikedaddyH

How about a 383

That's a Chev 350 bored 0.030 over and stroked, brother - don't wanna put a Chev engine in my Dodge.  Too much other stuff to convert.  Hell, I could bore and stroke the 318 that's in there now, and make a 390 Stroker.  At that point, I'd take the 408 over the 390 just because it's easier to keep the compression ratios down to run 87 pumpgas.  It's harder to make an 87 octane-safe 390.

That's a Chev 350 bored 0.030 over and stroked, brother - don't wanna put a Chev engine in my Dodge.  Too much other stuff to convert.  Hell, I could bore and stroke the 318 that's in there now, and make a 390 Stroker.  At that point, I'd take the 408 over the 390 just because it's easier to keep the compression ratios down to run 87 pumpgas.  It's harder to make an 87 octane-safe 390.

Dude... 383 wedge ... Mopar...Big Block !