• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNG from north Florida

Uncle PoPo

New to owning my .308 AR, but not new to shooting or .308.

My name is Chris, but my nephew dubbed me Uncle PoPo since I am a Deputy Sheriff. I have been an avid shooter since I was a kid with a BB gun. At 16 my great grandfather taught me to shoot his rifle. Grandpa was a marine sniper and taught me what he could. I eventually joined the Army (the marines didn't want a homeschooled with a GED) where I consistently shot 40 of 40 at most qualification days. After serving a 3 year term in Active Duty, with 12 of that being deployed to Iraq as a track vehicle mechanic for the 8/10 Cav Scouts, I was forced out due to torn tendons in my ankle. I eventually pursued Law Enforcement and love every bit of it.

I've been a Deputy for 5 years now in a north Florida county (dang policy will not let me say which) with 4 on a tactical team and 2.5 as a Sniper.

I had a Norinco M14 for 14 years, but recently sold it and purchased a DPMS .308 Orical. I have added a free float handguard, Vltor stock, Ergo grip, Bushnell Tactical Elite 6x24-50 scope, Geissele trigger, and Syrac adjustable gas block. That's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...