imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Personal photos. A friend had friends who had a company suite at the track. I think I paid $250 for all 3 days food and drink pit passes etc included. I went 2 or 3 years then they dropped the track from the schedule. Those pics were from my phone.

I knew it dropped from the schedule, and COTA was the GP spot after.........I "think". The one odd outcome I didnt expect coming into racing was I became so focused on my own racing, even club level, I kept up with MotoGP and WSBK less and less til I almost never saw another short track race again on TV...........besides the TT coverage. Ive only been at it for 10 years now, but plenty of racers that have 20+ years say the same thing. It becomes very consuming, almost selfishly:evil: Daytona dropped off our schedule this year, as Motoamerica took over the 200,but that was always a great weekend doing the sprint races. LOTSA tracktime, and was really looking forward to this one to shake off some cobwebs. We would have the track Thursday through Sunday, and even if you only raced on Sunday, you got all the practice rounds everyday for the 4 days. Man it was great. Ok sorry, back to pics. I will try to figure out how to put some up of me and my beautifully beat up FZRs:banana:

Ok, that was a test picture. Im not good with computers, lol. Im the yellow FZR400/600 #478. That was my first race weekend almost 10 years ago. Guy in front is on a Honda cbr600 F2. He beats me this race, as I was just starting to learn. After this weekend, I did alot of 1 on 1 coaching from longtime racers including a guy that has done the TT, Macau.....and some other open road races. The Honda NEVER beat me again:bat: 😁