imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, DNP said:

Not the case. Engineers be like: we just added 6 hours to the service on that vehicle and raised billions for the company. You’re welcome. 

You gotta understand, most of the engineering of automobiles since 1990 have been Asian, and they do things different than Americans.

51 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

You gotta understand, most of the engineering of automobiles since 1990 have been Asian, and they do things different than Americans.

Yep, I remember when every us automaker had to buy or join up with a Japanese maker, I had a little ford truck with a motor that said mazda right on it, the motor was just there to cover some spread sheet agreements, the engineering is what they were after and what they got. Chinese did the same thing buying smithfield, they didn't want the pork, they wanted the tech, the production and QC details. It's amazing how low key the Chinese reps are when they come to my local plant, they almost act like spies??????

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Yep, I remember when every us automaker had to buy or join up with a Japanese maker, I had a little ford truck with a motor that said mazda right on it, the motor was just there to cover some spread sheet agreements, the engineering is what they were after and what they got. Chinese did the same thing buying smithfield, they didn't want the pork, they wanted the tech, the production and QC details. It's amazing how low key the Chinese reps are when they come to my local plant, they almost act like spies??????

They are, they were here to replicate the steel industry when I was in the mill in the 70's

34 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Reheating fried food 😁 and roasting vegetables

I found my convection oven will do the same thing and work as well as my air fryer if I use a rack.So I gave it to my son. Have started using it in the winter instead of setting up the deep fryer outside for a fish fry. It is almost as good and a lot less mess.

Edited by Sisco