• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Motherlode

washguy

Me and Char went to the local gunshow today...so what else is new?...lol

we were walking the aislesand i see this table with a glass top look in and I thought i saw about 10 308 lowers...no crap...Yep there they were.so i introduce myself to the nice gentleman and ask if i can fondle one...sure he sez. Well they were dpms style billet....but they had a name ive never seen....well he makes em ..cnc from start to finish and he's about 50 miles from me.He is just starting his uppers too.

the lower will take a dpms mag or a ar10 new and old mag and even a m1a1 mag with a mod to the a1 mag.

he also cnc's all the lower parts out of stainless himself.....300 bucks for the lower and the lower parts kit included too ...He will also engrave any kind of logo you want....I think I had a woody in the gunshow aisle!

dont be telling Char that!

:banana:   Wash

308parts4_zps83051af7.jpg

308lower1_zps96493516.jpg

308lower_zps9c8c810f.jpg

500 back at the shop!

308lowers_zps297c0bb4.jpg

308parts2_zps8de43798.jpg

308parts3_zps2636727b.jpg

finish was nice on the lower.... ill be going for a visit to his shop im thinkin :))

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

308 Forum Rule...Buy ALL the product YOU NEED before you give any info to your fellow forum members !

Hi Mike actually Im on a 12 step program that Char has put me on...lol furniture before guns...step one thru twelve....hahaha what im working on is for my 308 brothers.....stay tuned :) Wash

Hi Mike actually Im on a 12 step program that Char has put me on...lol furniture before guns...step one thru twelve....hahaha what im working on is for my 308 brothers.....stay tuned :) Wash

They'd be sweet with a certain logo on them.  I'm just sayin'...  I'd be in for a couple.  <thumbsup>

Hi Guys Well..Char and I went to the machine shop and spent all afternoon there.

Yes there are over 500 ar 308 lowers ready to go to the platers.....and a lot of interesting other things!

We shook hands on a non disclosure agreement,so I cant give some details of the business.

he is just starting his uppers too! so...no problem with the ar3 logo...hes checking on screen names for serial numbers might have to include one numeral in it? All lpk's are stainless and he makes them cept for the selector,but he is going to start those in the future. His finish on some are slick type black...doesnt match dpms or mega finish which is a sandblasted finish he said.....but he will finish them to match if we want....a sandblasted matte black to match the fulton,dpms, ect ect.....his question is how many will the forum members want if his sample given to a secret top dog member passes review.

do any members want a ar308 lower that will accept a BAR mag so you can shoot really big bullets like winmag stuff out of your ar? this can be done and still use every standard ar 308 part

so bare with me guys...im working stay tuned.....and gimme input :) Wash

I'll figure out a way to do it, but I'd be in for two of them.  I'd be in for the large mag.  Something 30-06-ish at a minimum.  .30 Cal Long Action over Short Action, and I think it's a winner! 

That's awesome news, wash!!!  <thumbsup>

98Z    the large mag ar is in the future but i did fondle one that a BAR mag slipped into....dont know when they will be produced....he said  its no big deal to machine them,but first there are 500 normal type ar's on the floor right now.....these ar 308's accept dpms style mags and ar10 mags both new and old type....and with a simple diy mod to an m1a1 mag it will work in this lower too ....btw the lowers sold to the forum will have the lpks included!   :)   Wash

I'd still be in for at least one of the short-sction lowers - easy to build.

On the long-action variants, something to consider will be the sourcing of the upper (he's making them), but also the bolt (bolt face diameter), bolt carrier (length), buffer (length and weight), buffer spring (proper tension through length, number of coils, wire diameter), barrel extension (must fit new bolt face diameter), chambering the barrel, etc.

Long action ARs will require a longer bolt carrier, which still has to function inside the common constraints we have in the receiver extension length - that's the backbone of the whole operating system.  Otherwise, we're be hunting for someone to make us custom, longer stocks, etc.  Not gonna be easy, but other companies have already demonstrated that it's possible. 

Food for thought.