• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 700 LA 5R Mcrees G5 Chassis Uncoated/Stainless

USMC_0317_SS

1380372_10200536873016581_817620849_n.jp

Here is my new R700 in .300WM all finished. Finally got the Bushnell ERS and the Witt Machine muzzle break...couldn't be happier. Took it out to 1450m on 18"x39.75" SRT and was very happy with the results.

Details:
-Remington 700 LA 5R 26" .300 WinMag
-Mcree G5 Folding Chassis (Acra-Glass Bedded)
-Witt Machine Clamp on Muzzle Break (Amazing by the way!!!)
-KRG Bolt Lift
-Bushnell ERS / HDMR 3-21x50mm FFP 10 MilRev H-59 Reticle
-Badger Ordnance Scope Rings
-Nightforce 20MOA Optical Platform
-Harris Engineering S-BRM 3-6" Bipods
-Ergo Sniper Grip
-5rd. Accurate Mag .300WM Magazines (2)
-RUAG Swiss-P Match-Grade 200gr. & 220gr. ammunition

That is a bueatiful rifle brother Tim.Mind if I ask what a setup like that comes out to?? I like that Hourous reticle also.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, this is why I love 308AR and I'm here to stay. Everyone is so awesome and have a positive attitude. As far as the cost of this setup goes I am afraid after I tell you what I have into this the love around here may fade...lol. My line of work has some pretty nice perks. Out of pocket I'm in about $2,200 with everything on the rifle set up. I traded the pistol strait up for a used R700 SPS 26" in 308 ($450) and the Benchmade was one-time issued to me at work. As for the ammo, I refuse to comment as you guys will hate me forever...lol.

Thanks again guys, and I'll try to post more outside the exchange just a busy, busy bee...lol..

Edited by USMC_0317_SS

I have the same rifle!  I have been debating doing the exact same thing to it!  Now I am extra motivated to do it!  It will probably be next year though before I do it.  I will post pictures.  The ONLY thing I would do different is the bipod.  

My question is, though, why the glass bedding - since the whole point to the chassis is to not have to glass bed the rifle?

Lot's of great comments gents. I truly appreciate all of the feedback !!!

@Dane Armory:

"Any chance you will ever make it to AZ for a meet " ?

Pretty rare if I ever get out there. I was at "4 Corners" a few months back. Passed through on our way to CO for a wedding.

@washguy:

"USMC 'm throwing all my AR308 crap rifles in the trash after gawking at that artwork you have!
geeeez damn fine weapon" !

Thanks buddy !!! Don't trash your AR platforms though. I have a sweet shooting DPMS SASS that definitely has it's place in my line up (and my heart). Each tool for the job...ya' Know? You wouldn't pound in a screw with a hammer, or drive in a nail with a screwdriver. Same as you would rather not patrol with a bolt action or prefer to take a 900m shot with a gas gun. The right tool for the right job.

@98Z5V:

"At least that's not chambered for $6 bills... "

That is probably the biggest deterrent from getting a .338 LM...but, they are nice to shoot.

@Para308:

"My question is, though, why the glass bedding - since the whole point to the chassis is to not have to glass bed the rifle?"

The reason I felt the need to add the bedding compound was simply because the recoil lug didn't fully seat against the surface of the chassis where the lug was designed to rest. I do agree with you completely on the fact that one should not have to apply bedding compound to a full metal chassis. I have 3 chassis rifles and this is the only one that needed any compound. I have built rifles in the past that I felt could benefit from some bedding compound. It's rare but if its not right, gotta' make it right !!!