• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SIG P220 Combat TB FDE FS in Fl.

Microgunner

I have a gunsmith friend that can cut the threaded portion off the barrel and recrown it for free, Micro would just have to stick the barrel in a Priority Mail box to me and I would do the same back to him. Probably a little over a week start to finish. How long before you ship out USMCbassman?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been checking up on pistol laws here. It looks like there is a "Sig P220 Combat fde/stainless" allowed for sale here.

The issue is the threaded barrel. Fuckstein and her cronies think Snoop Dogg and the rest of his gang are going to buy $1k suppressors and do silent drive by's in South Central L.A.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this.

USMCbassman needs to find out if his FFL can transfer this pistol even without the threaded barrel.

If it's possible, the entire pistol must be paid for before we can ask MicroGunner to do any modifications to a perfectly good barrel.

One sec... what if I get a hold of a non-threaded barrel 220 and we swap barrels....? No point wasting a nice threaded barrel by cutting it down and re-crowning it.

....already know where to pick up the P220 from... :D

Edited by shibiwan

Alright. Maryland sucks. I ain't gonna argue that as far as gun laws go. But California still has us beat hands down.

WHAT do we have to do to get this brother a pistol?

At this point.....I'm in for well more than the standard donation. Whatever it takes. I'm there!

OOH-RAH!!

SEMPER FI....................to all my brothers

Edited by Rsquared

Dumb question, will the serial on the frame red flag that gun as a non CA compliant? Remember, we are stupid here. Even with the "evil" threaded barrel removed....does that serial still cause issue? You guys are awesome. This is very cool.

Dumb question, will the serial on the frame red flag that gun as a non CA compliant? Remember, we are stupid here. Even with the "evil" threaded barrel removed....does that serial still cause issue? You guys are awesome. This is very cool.

I doubt it. After all, if they banned things based on model numbers' default configurations we wouldn't be able to buy AR-15s or SCARs since standard out of the box they come with banned features. If they're modified to be CA-compliant before entering CA though, then they're fine.

Edited by FaRKle!

Where to start...First by saying thank you to each and every one of who was willing to pony up money to help make this happen.  The depth of gratitude I have is not explainable and just the mere the thought that each and every one of you were willing to do this is absolutely mind blowing.  And not just the money, the way you all were looking out for me, motivation to see this deal happen, etc is even more important than the money.  Taking care of a brother is more important than any tangible item. 

Secondly to Micro for pulling this gun and potentially costing him money - Thank you for going on an unknown, thank you for pulling gun this down and setting aside and thank you for being willing to swap out the barrels to make this happen. 

I've explored every option I have available to me, not having the cash on hand and without incurring another bill I am not going to be able to make this happen and that's okay.  In due time I will get my P220. 

What really threw a wrench in this was the changing of a tax law last year and being hit with a $1,200 tax bill from the state of Kansas.  It's a long story, but the gov't decided my wife was not a resident of CA but KS, taxed her income from last year (which we didn't file a KS return for her income, just mine) and boom!  I'd imagine there are a lot of us in the Military who are in that position. 

imschur - go for it man....

Thanks agains everyone, I hope you all truly understand and will not see me as a flake.  I genuinely tried to find a way to make this work.  I just can't conciously take on a debt that is not needed (e.g. taking a loan out). 

Where to start...First by saying thank you to each and every one of who was willing to pony up money to help make this happen.  The depth of gratitude I have is not explainable and just the mere the thought that each and every one of you were willing to do this is absolutely mind blowing.  And not just the money, the way you all were looking out for me, motivation to see this deal happen, etc is even more important than the money.  Taking care of a brother is more important than any tangible item. 

Secondly to Micro for pulling this gun and potentially costing him money - Thank you for going on an unknown, thank you for pulling gun this down and setting aside and thank you for being willing to swap out the barrels to make this happen. 

I've explored every option I have available to me, not having the cash on hand and without incurring another bill I am not going to be able to make this happen and that's okay.  In due time I will get my P220. 

What really threw a wrench in this was the changing of a tax law last year and being hit with a $1,200 tax bill from the state of Kansas.  It's a long story, but the gov't decided my wife was not a resident of CA but KS, taxed her income from last year (which we didn't file a KS return for her income, just mine) and boom!  I'd imagine there are a lot of us in the Military who are in that position. 

imschur - go for it man....

Thanks agains everyone, I hope you all truly understand and will not see me as a flake.  I genuinely tried to find a way to make this work.  I just can't conciously take on a debt that is not needed (e.g. taking a loan out). 

You've got your priorities in order, I have the utmost respect for that. We got your back brother!  <thumbsup>

Don't worry about it brother. It's totally understandable. The tax man takes precedence over anything else.....mainly because they'll never go away. There's always another pistol out there for you somewhere my man. And I'm sure, if needed, the whole crowd around here will still be willing to help out.