• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2014

Well, Tom and I got in late yesterday, but still had about an hour to browse around before everything closed for the night. We decided to start with the biggies... I'm gonna let him get into detail... My personal favorite was Prois, women's hunting clothing line! Finally someone realizes that our curves don't fit right into your gear and women are willing to pay for well made gear!!! Duh...

If you want to check it out for your wives, girlfriends or mistresses here's the link.

www.proishunting.com/

Dawn Marie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to figure out why the hotel internet won't connect, and I do have an interesting pic to post...

ProMag is making polymer 308 mags, and we (here) may be able to get some for testing. They look very good, it appears to be a solid design, and they have 20, 30, and 40-rounders here.

SR-25/DPMS pattern only.

Yeah, a 20rd Pmag loaded is 1lb, so this 40 will be 2 lbs. Fully loaded greasegun mags weigh 2lbs, and those are manageable. An AR55 doesn't weigh as much as a 308, though.

The "network professionals" in the hotel can't figure out why their wireless router won't respond to my laptop wireless card... That's getting annoying.

... Finally someone realizes that our curves don't fit right into your gear and women are willing to pay for well made gear!!! Duh...

If you want to check it out for your wives, girlfriends or mistresses here's the link.

www.proishunting.com/

Dawn Marie

Well, if you'll find me a mistress I'll buy her some clothing! :))

Still trying to figure out why the hotel internet won't connect, and I do have an interesting pic to post...

ProMag is making polymer 308 mags, and we (here) may be able to get some for testing. They look very good, it appears to be a solid design, and they have 20, 30, and 40-rounders here.

SR-25/DPMS pattern only.

ProMag has their main warehouse located in Las Vegas. You might want to pick up some mags. Check out my LGS there its on the other side of the freeway off City Centre to the north ,facing the freeway.

HOLY SCHIT!...  Having info, and no way of getting it to you guys is ANNOYING!!!  :soap:

Okay, we left Vegas at 1:30 AM this morning - enough time to account for the hour time zone change, the 5 hour drive, and another 30 minutes to pee beside the road when necessary - and still make it to work at 8AM this morning.  Just got home, have a few things to go through, and I'll start getting information up here. 

I met my twin brother there.  <thumbsup>

First, I absolutely MUST thank Roger and George.  Without them, I never would have been able to go.  That task would have been UNpossible without Battle Arms support - Thank you guys - all of you - for doing that for us.  That's from both Dawn and I, and we sincerely appreciate it.

Plus, so many people we asking questions, thinking I was part of BAD... I answered as best I could, passed info to Roger, got info back to the people...  <lmao>

So, first up...  The new Battle Arms Development lower receivers.  This one is in the white, raw aluminum.  All finishing machinework is complete, and it hasn't been annodized yet.  There's alot to like about these receivers, guys.  Hard to judge it in the pics, but when you compare it next to any other lower receiver, everything stands out CLEARLY. 

* All corners are smoother, all edges are cleaner.

* The tooling/cutter they use for the threading of the receiver extension will make for a stronger receiver (IMHO - I have no proof of that, besides some gun-smarts, and seeing these things for years and years).  In short, there's more "meat" in the back of the receiver, and less cutting - more material without increasing the outside dimensions. 

* The magwell has a more aggressive flare, more taper, for getting mags in there.  There's ZERO evidence of flashing.  It has ALL been removed.  Note the pic of the trigger area - you'll usually see a raised ledge that runs from front to back. Flashing, just machined flat.  It not even there on these lowers.  Nor is it present on the front of the magwell, below the pivot pin area - another common area to see flashing on other lowers.

* The magwell is Wire EDM cut, not broached.

* The machining throughout is superb.

Right now, there's ALOT more time in the finish-machining on these than you'll see on other lowers out there.  Also, the engraving is all lasered - it's not engraved with cutters.  There's 30 minutes of laser-time in each receiver.  George and Roger have plans to cut that time down, but for right now, it is what it is.  All that - the time spent on these receivers - equates to longer production time.  In a sense, that means fewer can be built, without sacrificing something.  And, they are not going to sacrifice anything on these.  Long story longer, these are not designed to be a "limited edition" items, but not very many will be "cranked out in huge volume" either.  When you see them for sale, you better get on it.  <thumbsup>

post-7-0-07754100-1390103686_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-98789600-1390103715_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-34336400-1390103728_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-99640000-1390103736_thumb.jpg

ProMag 7.62x51 mags.  20 round, 30 round, and 40 round.  They RUSHED the 30 and 40 versions to get them to SHOT.  I'll be in contact with the awesome young lady that allowed me to get the pic.  I'll offer to buy one of each, pre-production, with the guarantee that WE WILL SHOOT THEM in various SR-25/DPMS based 308 AR rifles, and get the performance feedback to her.  I especially want SurvivalShop to shoot these through his CMMG, the one that hates Pmags and will only feed from factory DPMS mags.  <thumbsup>

post-7-0-76538000-1390103951_thumb.jpg

Now THIS is a funny story!

So, it's Friday, the last day.  Already, the herd is thinner.  Easier to move about, get through "less of a crowd," and see more.  Dawn Marie and I are outside one of the LE/MIL halls, and I says "Grab the camera!  It's my brother!"  She just thinks I'm batschit crazy, but gets the camera out anyway.  I see a guy talking to another couple of people, so I walk casually closer, and just politely wait. 

This guy turns around, sticks his hand out, and says "Hey Thomas!  Hello Dawn!  How's the show going for you?"

I say "Pretty good - definitely easier to move about today...  How's it been for you?"

He says "Hectic.  On the go the whole time, and I'm late for missed meetings with people I've been failing to meet all week long..."

Now, in this pic here, I'm in the middle of THIS story with him...  "You know, up to last year I had a full beard.  We look just like brothers...  At least in pictures anyway.  We're almost identical - but I can't shoot like you can..."  THAT right THERE got some laughs!!!  <laughs> <lmao>

Only chatted for a few minutes, but it was one of the most easy-going conversations of the whole week.  I kid you not.

BOOM!  THAT SCHIT JUST HAPPENED!!!   :hethan:

post-7-0-48218200-1390108183_thumb.jpg