• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blades

Robocop1051

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Work knives > display knives

Agreed.  I can't bring myself to spend money on something that I won't use because it is too pretty.  Now, I have some knives that are better suited to hard duty than others.  My Gerber LMF is my beat-on knife, and shows it.  Some of these pretty carbon fiber ZTs, I am not likely to beat on.

Agreed.  I can't bring myself to spend money on something that I won't use because it is too pretty.  Now, I have some knives that are better suited to hard duty than others.  My Gerber LMF is my beat-on knife, and shows it.  Some of these pretty carbon fiber ZTs, I am not likely to beat on.

Oh if I had the money I'd be buying all sorts of "display" stuff and using it daily, starting with collectible firearms and classic cars.

It was my $2.8 million dollars...I'll do donuts in my '71 'Cuda if I want.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up another Emerson around Christmas and have been carrying it everyday, I really like this one so far. Of course I took emersons idea and made my own thumb button from a REAL 45 case, can you believe they wanted like $75 for a fake 45 thumb button with no primer lol

I have *almost* this exact same knife (mine is half serrated). It's hands down my most favorite knife and is an integral part of my EDC. You're casing idea is perfect. I don't know why I didn't try that myself. I like this look.... I wonder if I could do an original .45 LC brass. I feel a challenge in my future. You did an awesome job there.

I have *almost* this exact same knife (mine is half serrated). It's hands down my most favorite knife and is an integral part of my EDC. You're casing idea is perfect. I don't know why I didn't try that myself. I like this look.... I wonder if I could do an original .45 LC brass. I feel a challenge in my future. You did an awesome job there.

thats the CQC-15

I had to grind like .010 off the inside of the slot in the blade, but its definitely do-able.

Had 2 Randall's I got back in the mid 70's, and carried them always! There was no writing on my blades either. Spoke to him when I ordered them on the phone, great guy. I believe it is his grandson who has the business now. Sold mine just before I got out, sure wise I didn't now!

I have a really old switch blade my father gave me to use when I was in the boy scouts. Had to keep it low profile illegal in PA, probably still is! Carried it as my pocket knife in the army too! I'll have to look for it and snap a picture, still have it somewhere!